Initiation

The ceremony was a blur to Jace. He paced nervously in the Men's bathroom, water dripping down his nose and chin, as he attempted to clear his fuzzy vision from being high. He loved and despised the feeling all at once.

During the pledge ceremony, he had to grip his hands into balled up fists to keep from fidgeting with his suit. He bit his lips to refrain from smiling, laughing, or shouting anything unsuitable for such a serious moment. And he tried to stay as still as possible, so to not seem as if he were under the influence.

It commenced with the uttering of the words, "Be true." The Sigma Alpha Epsilon motto since 1856.

"Be true.", Jace repeated the words without giving it a second thought. The men shuffled out of the main hall and poured out onto the courtyard of their new home.

Jace rebelled. Instead, he broke away from the group of fifteen and found the nearest restroom.

He had been in there for five minutes, trying to recover from his high. His head lifted up when he heard someone coming.

"Ha! Found you.", said the intruder. It was Ross.

"What are you doing here?", Jace rubbed his eyes and watched the door close.

"I'm rescuing Jace Norman, my damsel in distress." He joked and kicked a bathroom stall open.

"Oh no. Did I look bad out there?", Jace furrowed his eyebrows and rubbed the back of his neck.

"No, you were fine! Actually, it was Thomas who fell asleep during the ceremony.", said Ross nonchalantly.

"Seriously?"

"Yup! Full on snoring. Zac took him out back for a walk to wake him up. He made him do a hundred push ups just to make sure he'd stay awake." Ross rolled his blue eyes and chuckled a bit.

"Who's Zac?", Jace asked, leaning against the bathroom counter.

"Oh, that's right. You haven't met Zac yet."

Jace shook his head no.

"Zac's our Fraternity Advisor. He's like the big brother to our brotherhood. Or in some instances like today, he's the House Dad. You'll get a chance to meet him.", Ross explained.

"Well, you don't look too bad. I mean- your eyes, they aren't as red as mine." Jace leaned over the sink to examine his face. He squeezed his cheeks and combed his hair back with his long, slender fingers.

"Nah, you're just paranoid. You look fine." Ross smiled and tousled Jace's blonde locks.

Jace sat on the countertop and looked at Ross.

"I still feel kind of woozy. How do you feel?"

"Light, and airy. I'm kind of used to it now."

"You smoke often?"

"More often, to be honest. Especially since Boss Butler supplies it."

"He probably scores the best hookups from his connections. Only God knows what kind of deals he's got."

"Do you regret it?"

"What? Smoking? No.."

"Do you regret this?"

"What-"

Ross stood between Jace's legs and gripped his shoulders, forcing a deep kiss onto his lips.

Jace quickly shoved him off.

"Dude! What the hell!"

Ross looked down, trying to avoid Jace's eye contact. He shifted his weight to the right and then again, standing tall once more. "Jace.."