3 : His Whiskey

His whiskey

Code Vans Castaneda

I'm in a deck of cards. The Jaguars are loosing their minds here. They're all drunk except for me and captain.

I drank the whole bottle of whiskey, wala pa akong balak malasing kailangan kong hintayin ang tawag ni Calli baka kung ano na naman ang naisip ng babaeng 'yun. She's fun of saying things that makes me want to deposit her in my bed and tie her for all I want. She threatens me in all possible way she can. She makes me think twice on making gravity make it's job and tie her on my bed.

" Code" I heard Luis call my name. I can see him happy with his married life. He really had married a wonderful woman afterall.

" My Gabriel is a one of a kind. Kahit halughugin ko pa ang bawat sulok ng mundo, wala na akong makita pang kagaya niya. You know what I'm telling you Castaneda. I'm not talking about a mere woman here. I'm talking about the difference between a woman for a night and a woman for a lifetime. You cannot keep them all, Code. You know I've tried entering a relationship which I thought I want. I made myself believe that it is what I want but the world isn't blind unlike you. It will always make you realize that you have to choose the woman that would give you what you need rather than what you want. Find a woman that will give you what you need. You might not see the difference yet, but that will break you apart when the time comes that the only woman you want to be with will make you realize your mistakes. You might lose her in the process. I've been to that situation, Castaneda. You have been a witness to that years ago. I cannot even see myself anymore the moment I realized that she's already gone. I wanted to curse at the world. I blame the world but the world blame me instead." Captain started to speak.

" You will never see the difference of what I am telling you not until you choose to believe it. I don't want you to lose in a game of love, Code. Blue nearly lose in it. You know how Blue struggled for his love. I cannot blame Makky for that matter but this isn't about me comparing Blue's and yours. This is about how you will be able to manage a woman. Try reading their actions. You cannot read their minds, I assure you of that. I failed reading Gabby's thoughts for years because if I did, I would have known better. I would have known that she is in love with me. I would have made everything a piace of cake. But one thing's for sure, you have all the advantage on reading her thoughts." Captain spoke still with authority.

" That woman isn't what you think she is. She doesn't simplify everything. She makes it broad and general. One minute, she's talking about her new lipstick. The next minute, she's talking about her new dress. That woman is a pain in the ass" I smirked. I'm still waiting for her to call me.

" What do you think is she pertaining to then when she speaks about lipsticks then suddenly shifting on her new dress?" Luis asked me.

I drank a cup of whiskey.

" She's been trying to seduce me" Does lipsticks and dresses even have any connections to seducing me? I fucking can't understand women.

" She's been trying to make you say something to boost her confidence, Code. When a woman makes you see her new lipstick and dress. Give her an appraisal. Tell her how much she's beautiful with it. That's what she wants to hear" Captain said. When did Luis even got to understand women by the way.

" Hari ko" We both heard Gabby's voice.

" My wife is in need of me. You know what I mean." Luis told me.

I nodded in reply.

" Reyna ko, Akala ko ba tulog ka na." I heard Luis talked to his wife.

" Your stomach is bloating because of alcohol, Mahal na hari. Better yet join me in bed" That's exactly what I wanted to hear from Calli. But surely, I bet she would say the other way around.