Roommates

In the dorm room, half of the room had already been taken. The walls were plastered with famous band posters and the bed was plain black. The desk was neatly arranged with files, papers and a laptop. Books were lined in size order on the little bookshelf by the door and the TV was playing the news quietly in the background. Alexander Lightwood was sprawled out over the bed and had his nose in a book, as per usual. He had been one of the first students to arrive this year and was enjoying some peace and quiet. He never got that at home, what with his parents arguing all the time and his sister being a pest. However, this year she had come to the University fo her first year and he wasn't looking forward to having her embarrass him on campus. She was in the year below him but she looked about the same age as him. 

  He had just gotten to the best part of the book when he heard the door creak open from through the kitchen. Feet clicked on the tiled floor and then they stopped. 

"Hello? The door was open so I let myself in, is anyone here?" A voice like wind chimes echoed through the two rooms.

"I'm through here in the bedroom," Alec replied, getting back to his book.

Magnus' POV

He walked through into the bedroom. It was dark since the blinds were closed, there was a single lamp on that illuminated the face of his roommate. He had a chiselled face with a thick mop of black hair that fell into his blue eyes. He was so long as well! He took up the whole bed, his feet dangling off the end. Magnus looked at the book he was reading and grinned 'Finders keepers' by Stephen King. He loved that book. Dumping the many bags he owned onto the empty bed he pulled out his sparkly purple duvet and pillow covers and started putting them on the bed. The boy watched as Magnus struggled with the sheets, he only had short arms and couldn't get them on, then he stood up and took the sheets from him and put them on with ease. 

"I'm Alec, Alexander Lightwood. Just call me Alec, though."

"I think I prefer Alexander." Magnus smiled, "I'm Magnus Bane, a pleasure to meet you."

They got conversing as he started to put away all his things. When he pulled out his makeup bag, Alec cocked his head and stared at it. Magnus realised he hadn't told Alexander that he wasn't the straightest person he would meet. He liked his roommates to know to see how they would react and, of course, to see if they were as well.

"Urm... yeah about that."

"Oh... Oh no, I wasn't trying to make you feel bad about it, I was just seeing if you had mascara. I myself wear a slight bit of makeup sometimes, just hide spots and make my eyelashes look like they exist." Alec rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"No, I like my roommates to know. I am bisexual, just so it's out there, I'll come scouting for girls with you though." Magnus grinned.

"Ah...yeah... urm totally." Magnus frowned, he wasn't convinced.

"Is there something you want to tell me, Alexander, I don't believe we should have secrets if we will be sharing this confined space."

"I'm.... not into.... girls? I prefer guys..." Alec went bright red, "Why did I tell you that?! I haven't even told my closest friends! Oh my word, I hate myself." He face planted his pillow and screamed. Magnus sat next to him and rubbed his back.

"There there, Alexander, it'll be ok. I'm glad the air was cleared. Now we can get onto better topics."

Jace's POV

Jace had been put into a larger dorm this year. He had a room to himself, but he had two roommates. He had taken the master bedroom with a double bed and put up all the football posters he had bought over the summer. He had heard people enter but he didn't want to miss the game so he had let them go about their things. The game had just finished and he had gone to grab the ice cream from the fridge. He entered the kitchen where two very pale boys were sat. He ran his hand through his blonde hair and flashed them his blinding smile.

"Jason," The boy with glasses, Simon, greeted him, "How was your summer?"

"Good, me and Clary had a great time in Venice, you?"

"Designing new video games and spent went to the Sci-Fi convention, same old."

"Who's this?" Jace gestured to the boy sat next to Simon. He had quiffed black hair and almost black eyes. He had a sullen look about him and was staring at a plate of crackers in front of him. He looked up and fixed Jace with an intense, hypnotic stare.

"This is Raphael, a good friend of mine. He's from Mexico originally, a very talented chef." Raphael gave a stunning smile.

"Thank you, Simon." His voice was very smooth and business-like, Jace already liked him.

Izzy's POV

She was bouncing around her room, cleaning up for her roommate. She was due any moment. Alec had dragged her to school early so he could get some reading in before his roommate arrived. She wondered if he got someone nice, someone cute. He hadn't told her he was gay, but she knew, she could sense it. Someone knocked on the bedroom door and Izzy flung it open. A tall, slim girl with frizzy red hair greeted her. Izzy squealed and wrapped her arms around the girl.

"Clary! What are the chances?? Oh, my word how are you?" Clary squirmed out of her grasp and threw her bags on the spare bed. 

"I'm good, only got back from Venice last week, it was amazing!" She started to make her bed and put her pictures of her and Jace and her with Izzy up on the desk. She flopped onto her bed and sighed. "Let me tell you everything."