First Date Part.1

Authors Note:

Hey my babies,

I am so sorry I took so long to update. I usually never take this long in between updates. I know excuses excuses, but I recently started college and it's super stressful. But I will try to be as consistent as I can. This chapters a tad longer as a little I'm sorry. Hopefully this was at least a little worth the wait.

Ian didn't realize until after he said it to Mandy that he still had never taken Mickey out, and what a damn shame that was. He called Mickey right after he hung up with Mandy.

"We're going out tonight."

"Are we now?" Ian could hear a hint of a smile in the tone of Mickey's voice.

"Yes, the real deal, steak and all."

"Alright. Then, you better change into a fancy ass shirt when you get off work."

***

Ian couldn't get the smile off his face for the rest of the day even if he tried. There was nothing, no suspicious cops, no Sammie, absolutely nothing that was keeping them from doing this, he would make sure of that. He jogged up the stairs of the Gallagher house, went into his room to change, and stopped dead in his tracks when he seen Mickey standing there, fidgeting with the cuffs of jacket. He had really gone all out. Full ensemble of dress shirt, pants and jacket. Ian swallowed as he felt his mouth go dry. Mickey sure did clean up nice. It made Ian think back to how Mickey looked the day he married Svetlana. Only this time he was happy, this time there was no ugliness, no negative thoughts. Because they finally belonged to each other.

Mickey saw Ian's unblinking face and looked down at what he was wearing uncertainly. "Shit, I'm overdressed, right?"

Ian didn't answer, he just dropped his bag on the floor and strode over to Mickey, grabbing his face with both hands and pulling their mouths together. Mickey's frown disappeared as he kissed Ian back, lacing his fingers through Ian's beltloops and drawing his waist in towards him. Ian reached to take off Mickey's jacket and felt him pull away.

"I don't think so Gallagher, get dressed. We got plans."

***

Ian dressed just as extravagantly as Mickey, and they strode in side beside into the restaurant, Sizzlers naturally, Ian had considered going somewhere fancier, someplace that required a reservation, but it needed to be here. The two of them seemed to be the best dressed there, although neither seemed to mind. They both ordered steak and wine. Their food came, and as they ate Ian realized that every time that Mickey looked up at him he started to smile. He felt giddy and oddly nervous, like they were back in high school. It was a weird feeling, but one that he didn't want to end. They talked about nothing, and everything. And finally, when they were done, had downed quite a few bottles of wine, and Mickey was idly holding Ian's hand across the table, Ian tossed a few bills on the table and stood up.

Mickey looked crestfallen at the idea of leaving, but Ian just laughed.

"Relax. The date's not over. I just thought we could go somewhere else."

Mickey arched an eyebrow skeptically, "Where?"

Ian shrugged, "We'll know when we find it."

***

They had been stumbling down the strip of shops, arms around each other's shoulders, when Ian stopped.

"Here., We should go in here."

Mickey squinted up at the sign, a karaoke bar. "No, no fucking way."

"C'mon Mick, it'll be fun."

He shook his head again, but didn't fight it when Ian grabbed his arm, and went inside dragging Mickey in behind him.

At first, they just sat at a table near the stage and drank, watching people embarrass themselves. But when a girl finished butchering Don't Stop Believing and the host asked for who wanted to go next Ian jumped up to the stage. Mickey gawked at Ian in surprise as he whispered to the guy running the tracks, telling him what he wanted to sing.

Mickey just stared but found himself smiling and hiding his face in embarrassment when he began to recognize the tune, as Ian began to sing, charmingly off key

"We are young... Heartache to heartache

We stand. No promises

No demands, Love is a battlefield."

As Ian continued he made eye contact with Mickey and sang directly to him, and Mickey's cheeks flushed bright red. Ian proceeded to hop off the stage and grabbed Mickey's hand, pulling him to his feet and trying to bring him to the stage, Mickey smiled, but still shook his head no. The rest of the people there took notice though and started to cheer Mickey on, calling for him to get on stage with Ian.

Eventually, he caved and went up, standing next to Ian, but still not singing at first. Ian didn't let up though, he just threw his arm around Mickey, keeping the microphone between the two of them, until Mickey looked over at Ian's face as he sung and bit his lip.

"Screw it." He muttered under his breath, before leaning in closer to the mic.

"We are strong
No one can tell us we're wrong
Searching our hearts for so long
Both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield."

The people in the crowd cheered them on, and the ones who knew the song started singing along too until it was over...