Familiar Faces

Music encompassed every edge of the club as Ian and Caleb tried weaving their way through the crowd of people to get to a table near the bar. Ian could tell that this wasn't Caleb's usual scene, but after a few weeks of subtle dating, he convinced him to get out more.

They knocked back a few drinks and tried to keep up a conversation as best as they could, between the pulsating music and the hundreds of other people talking, it wasn't too easy. During Caleb telling a story of one of his first days on the job, something behind him caught Ian's eye, or more specifically, someone. Caleb's voice faded to background as Ian squinted at the man seated at the table behind them.

Mickey?

No, Ian shook his head as he glanced down at the empty shot glasses in front of him.

I shouldn't have drank this much after taking my pills. Maybe this is a hallucination.

He rubbed at his eyes but when he looked up, Mickey Milkoviches face was still seated before him. The alarming thing was that seeing his ex boyfriend who was supposed  to be in jail for another 7 years minimum wasn't what was bothering Ian the most, it was that he realized looking there long enough, that he was on a date.

"Ian, you okay? You seem a little... Distracted."

"Yeah... No, yeah I'm fine. I just need to go to the bathroom real quick."

He scooted out of his seat and pushed his way through the mass of people, trying to get to the back of the room. Maybe if he threw some water on his face, he would snap out of it. Or at the very least, whoever it was that bore a striking resemblance to Mickey would be gone by the time he got back.

He swung through the door to the men's room, turning on the faucet to the single rusted sink there, and drenched his face, when he heard a familiar voice speak out from behind him.

"Hey Gallagher, you miss me?"