-Chapter 2-

My knee bounced impatiently as the minutes passed by. I was anxious to get this so-called meeting over with. Whatever job proposal he had for me, I knew it wouldn't end well for me, yet I hadn't to go anyways because I'd rather not face the consequences of denying him. My eyes glanced over at my digital clock and saw the time read eleven thirty one. Not wanting to wait another second, I stood up and grabbed my signature mask, hastily, and stepped outside.

The smell of wet grass hit my nose causing me to cringe at the memory of the pouring rain. Overall, the smell made me disgusted but I kept moving nonetheless. Since a man walking around with a mask on at eleven thirty at night is extremely suspicious, I decided to maneuver in the shadows like I normally do. My steps were quiet and my breathing was low so I would be completely hidden in darkness.

Halfway to my destination I heard a rustling coming from behind me. I stopped in my tracks and got lower to the ground. I searched around for a rabbit or other small animal that could've caused the noise, but saw nothing. Nothing but a small figure moving in my general direction in the distance.

Out of habit I moved depper into the surrounding shadows and moved a bit faster. As the library came into view I turned around and noticed the person who was once behind me was now gone. A skeptical feeling crept up my spine but I ignored it, knowing I was just overthinking like I usually do.

Before I moved to the back of the library I pulled out my phone and clicked the power button. The bright screen lit up showing me it would be midnight in seven minutes. My heart skipped a beat as I saw the lock screen I had set. I forgot I set the picture of him and I as my lock screen, since I didn't use my phone much. A shaky breath left my mouth as I clicked the power button again, turning my phone off.

I need to see him again sometime.

Without another thought I went behind the library. It was dark and still. No one was here yet so I had time to search around for any sort of weapon. A few bricks layed about seven feet away from where I was and a rusty pipe layed only about five feet away from me. Knowing I had some sort of defense around was always a good thing since anything could go wrong in this situation. 

Just then I heard footsteps approaching. I could hear the rhythmic pattern of two feet moving in my direction, meaning he was alone. That lifted some weight of my shoulders but I knew people could be watching for above or he could be wearing a wire. The footsteps were closer now and I shifted my body towards the direction they were coming from. My eyes widened in confusion as an Asian man appeared from around the corner.

"Delirious," he spoke.

I realized by his voice that it was Vanoss, the one who wanted me here, but I was now confused as to why he showed me his face.

"I can tell you're confused as to why I'm not wearing my mask. Well if you really want to know, it's because I want to establish trust with you."

I knew that wasn't the whole reason so I called him out, "What's the other reason?"

He smirked, "Ah, there's the wise man I know," Vanoss moved toward me. "I also wanted you to see my face because now you can't say no to my offer. I'm not going to let someone see my face and not work with me."

I chuckled, "Well, I gotta admit, that's a smart move."

He smiled and changed the topic, "So now on to business. Well, I do have a this long explanation and plan for you, but I'll keep it short. I want you to join my gang."

I raised an eyebrow, even though he couldn't see it, "And why's that?"

"Like I wrote on the note, I've been watching and learned a lot about your skill set. I think with your experience, you'd be a perfect member."