Olive Elephanta- Opposites Attract

"Children, I'd like to introduce you to Y/n. She's a Peculiar that Jake found. Miss Y/n, would you like to demonstrate?"

"Uh, ok. Can I use you?"

"Yes, you can." I took my gloves off and touched Mrs. Peregrine's hand. It immediately froze in a layer of ice. "How marvelous! You'll fit right in with us. Olive, can you blow on my hand?" She nodded and did so. Mrs. Peregrine's hand thawed immediately. I put my gloves back on.

I looked at Jake, so far I only trust him. "Want me to show you your room?"

"That would be fantastic." We walk upstairs, but I see the girl Olive staring at me. Jake sat with me on my bed. "So, what's everyone like?"

"Well we're all nice here. Mrs. Peregrine is a little strict, but she means well." He told me how everyone is Peculiar. One girl stood out to me, Olive.

"So, wait a minute. Olive controls fire?"

"Yes, she does. I think you too would be good friends since you control ice. You can cool her down if she gets too hot. And if you freeze something, she can thaw it." Wow, it's strange, but I'm fascinated with Olive. "Although, Enoch likes her, so he might try to scare you away."

"Oh, well. That's fine."

"Go talk to her, Y/n. She seemed interested in getting to know you." I nodded and went to find her. She was in the kitchen.

"Hey, Olive." She turned around. She seemed nervous.

"Hello, Y/n. Did you need something?"

"I only wanted to talk to you. Maybe we can over tea?"

She smiled, now I've got her. "Ok, sure. Let me get you a cup." She got me one and poured the water. I put in the teabag.

"Have you ever had iced tea, Olive?"

"No, only hot tea." I tapped the top of her cup. Her tea became cold and a layer of ice formed on the top. I made a fist and the ice broke. I motioned to her to try it. Her eyes lit up. "Wow, this is good. It's a unique way to have tea."

"Yeah, it's fun to do. But I hate how I can't touch anyone without freezing them."

"I can't touch anyone without burning them. It's a curse."

"Well, then it's good I'm here. If you burn someone, I can cool it down. I don't see it as a curse. Just having a different lifestyle."

"I like your view on the world. It's comforting."

I took my gloves off. "I think since we're opposites, we could touch each other. You can't burn me. If you do, I can deal with it."

"I don't know.....that sounds risky."

"Let's just try it. If you don't want to do it again, I won't force you. Haven't you ever wanted to feel skin again?"

She took her glove off as well. "Ok, but I don't like this." I took her hand and she winced. "You're so cold. Wait, aren't I hurting you?"

I smiled. "No, you're just warm to me. See, we were supposed to meet. You can't hurt me." I linked our fingers together.

"Wow, for the first time, I'm not scared of hurting someone. How is this possible?"

"Both our powers are cancelling each other out. So the result is, we can do no harm to each other. I'm cooling you down, while you're warming me up."

"Wow, that is truly remarkable." My head shot up to see Mrs. Peregrine and Enoch. "To think that is possible. You made a good analysis, Y/n."

"Thank you, ma'am. I also did this so Olive here won't be scared of burning anybody." Enoch stared daggers at me.

"Yes, well, good job on the confidence boost. Olive, shall we go on our daily walk?" I can tell Enoch is trying to take Olive away. He's jealous of the connection I made with her. Olive stayed sitting. "Olive, let's go."

"I'm not going, Enoch. I want to stay with Y/n." I smiled, on the outside I'm being brave. But on the inside, I'm a total wreck! Oh, my God! Olive wants to stay with me! Enoch stares at me with anger. "Enoch stop it. It's not like the world is going to end because we don't go on our walk."

"But, that's when we get to talk. That's when we connect. Olive, I thought what we had was special."

"No, Enoch. You boss me around. You're too pushy. We didn't have anything. We're just friends." He walked away with tears in his eyes.

She layed her head on my shoulder. "I can't believe I did that. But he think we can be together and yet he flirts with Emma."

"Hey, it'll be ok. I'm here. I know we just met, but I think I like you. If you'll let me, I can extinguish your flames."

"Ok, that sounds wonderful."

"Children, it's time to see Horace's dreams!"

"Oh! Y/n let's go. You can sit by me." We quickly put our gloves back on and ran to the couch. I sat on her right and held her hand.

"Go ahead, Horace." He then projected his dreams for everyone to see. There were a lot of things I didn't understand. But the last part was significant to me.

~I was running. I don't know where. "Olive! Where are you!" I ran into a room. It was in flames. I walked in, through the flames. I grunted out of pain, but endured it. Olive was in the middle, on her knees, crying with her face in her hands. I yelled and put the flames out with my ice. "Olive, are you ok? Olive, look at me."

"Y/n?" I nodded and helped her up. She looked down at my legs. "You're burnt! I'm sorry, I did this." I smiled and iced my legs.

"Hey, Olive, I'm ok. I told you before, you can't hurt me. Remember what I said, I'll always be there to put your flames out." We embraced each other in a tight hug. She wept into my shoulder. I rubbed her back for support. "It's ok, I'm here."~

Horace stopped the images. "Wow, that was interesting."

"Indeed, it was. Seeing that, I suggest you stick close to Y/n, Olive. It seems she's an asset." Mrs. Peregrine came over and knelt down in front of us. "You were destined to find each other. Protect each other and don't lose sight of one another."

"We won't." Olive and I said at the same time. She rested her head on my shoulder. I put my arm around her.

"I'll make sure of it, Mrs. Peregrine."

I looked at Jake. He smiled at me. I mouthed a thank you to him. He nodded. I looked at Olive and smiled. I got her back.