Chapter One: First Call

"Bwahaha!" The two laughed in unison, as (Y/N) told them what happened. They were walking out of class, as Yi-hyun took a sip of his water bottle. Minae playfully punched his shoulder, as she hugged (Y/N)'s arm.

"It's okay, Yi-hyun that you lost your chance with (Y/N)."

"..." He turned his head to her and rubbed his shoulder. "Anyways, you should be more careful when you're in a hurry. Who knows what this rich guy is going to make you do. You might just end up being his slave." Yi-hyun sighed.

"Wha? Of course he wouldn't do that, he seems too formal to do that. The worst he can make me is his maid, who knows how he really is."

"Now you're busy all the time, with your job, school and paying off that debt."

She held her hands up and laughed.

"It's my fault for never paying attention, like what I want to do for my future."

"Well if you say so..."

"Come on! Brighten up the mood, how about we get some boba tea? I know how much you two have been craving it all day." Minae insisted. She tried to enlighten the atmosphere between the three of them. The two looked at each other and nodded their heads in agreement.

The three sat down, as they sipped their boba teas. Minae got thai ice tea, Yi-hyun and (Y/N) both got chocolate milk tea. Music played throughout the shop, as Minae picked out some popcorn chicken.

"It's been so long, since I've had boba tea." Yi-hyun grinned, as he took the bag of popcorn chicken from Minae. She gasped, as she leaned over and started poking his cheek with her chopsticks.

"Just because you were in the military for two years, doesn't mean you get free popcorn chicken."

"The one who deserves it the most is me, as I am now suffering thanks to Mr Han!" (Y/N) snorted, as she took a single popcorn chicken and plopped it in her mouth. It tasted so good and made her forget about her problems.

"We should start a club at school and call it the fried chicken club, I would love to be with others who love fried chicken too. I call being the one to draw the club symbol and the flyers too."

"I don't think I would have time for a fried chicken club, I'm going to start playing basketball again."

"Ugh... I guess I have to start the club all on my own then." Minae pouted, as she quietly drank her Thai ice tea. Soon (Y/N) was interrupted by a phone call. She picked up her phone and brought it to her ear.

"Hello? (Y/N) speaking."

"It's Jumin Han, I'm calling you to talk about your debt. Don't get your hopes up, you still need to pay me for the suit. I only called you, so I can give you the first task of course."

"Oh alright then, what is it Mr Han?" (Y/N) asked softly, as she moved away from her two friends. She didn't want them to hear into the conversation, she wasn't prepared for what he had in store for her.

"I'm sure you can handle it, just come over to my office. I'll be waiting for you. Hopefully the traffic doesn't cause you any trouble, until then." Mr Han hung up and she stood there speechless.

He doesn't even ask if I need a ride or I'm busy at the moment. Geez and I thought he would be understanding how I'm still a student, which means I need sometime for myself and friends. I just got my chocolate milk tea too...

She walked back to her friends and took her drink. She sighed, as she placed her phone back into her bag.

"I'm sorry, Mr Han wants me."

"Really? He sounds like a boyfriend in need, he's handsome too. I would love to draw him in person someday, maybe you can ask him?" Minae laughed a bit. Yi-hyun remained silent and continued to eat the popcorn chicken.

Don't tell me... he has a thing for, Minae? How adorable, they would make a good couple. Both of them have great chemistry and he's a sweet guy too. 

"Bye you two, lovebirds!" (Y/N) hummed, as she walked out of the place. The two stared at her in utter confusion, as she continued to hum her way to the train station.

"Mr Han, Miss (Y/N) is here." Jaehee declared, as she brought her to his office. She looked around with her chocolate milk tea in hand. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Are you planning on spilling that on me too?"

"What? Well no, my chocolate milk tea is too precious to be wasted." She sighed. Mr Han was curious about her drink and stared at it with infarction. She noticed his gaze and pointed at the boba.

"Do you want to try some?"

"Is that the trend that young people are drinking nowadays? I believe it's called... bubble tea? It originated from Taiwan? I remember visiting there once for a business trip and on the streets, high schoolers enjoying that kind of drink." He cupped his chin, pondering about the milk tea.

"Great isn't it? When I've used to live in the states, it was pretty common for all kinds of people to enjoy the drink. It's really one of a kind, I would recommend it to you. You can have some of mine, it's chocolate milk tea." (Y/N) pulled out another straw from her bag. She placed the cup down on his desk along with the straw.

Jumin raised an eyebrow at her, before he took the plastic wrap off the straw and stabbed it through the plastic top. He sipped it and his expression softened.

Well, this is the first time I've seen him not look serious or upset at me... to be honest, he looks kind of cute.

"It's good, but I am a little hungry so-"

"Don't worry about that, Mr Han!" (Y/N) clapped her hands together and grinned at him. She had an idea that she could end up being his chef of some sort instead of doing any boring office work for him. She was raised in a restaurant after all, so she was happy to do this.

"I'll go and make you some lunch, Ms Kang do you have a kitchen in this building?"

"Yes we do, but you really don't-"

"Please let me use the kitchen! I want to cook something for Mr Han, that's what I can do to pay off the suit."

"If you really insist it, come back in half an hour. Then, I'll be the judge of your food." He stated with a stern voice, before he turned his attention back to his work. She looked back at him, but soon turned her head back to Ms Kang.

"Please lead the way."

(Y/N) in less than half an hour, made him one of her favorite side dishes. It was Gaeran Mari, which was basically a rolled up omelette in a Korean style way. She knew it wouldn't make him full, but thought of it more as a snack for him.

She placed down the plate in front him, as he chuckled a bit. He was quite surprise to see how well the food turned out and looked decent. He didn't expect much from her, since he had many different food experiences before. Yet never had a second look on foods just made by anyone that wasn't a chef.

"It's Gaeran Mari, I hope you like it."

What kind of cooking is this? So simple, this omelet looks different from all the other ones I've had before. But I am hungry... people seem to enjoy this, so it wouldn't kill me. Jumin pondered.

With his chopsticks, he picked up one of the sliced pieces of it. He brought it close to his lips, for a few seconds he hesitated before he placed it in his mouth. He chewed and soon was in shock. He held onto his chopsticks tightly and his eyebrows furrowed. He smiled and relaxed.

I had tried many kinds of eggs from multiple professional chefs of my liking. Yet none of them had the same taste as this one, it may look simple but it is definition of an amazing egg. What in the world did she put into this, which makes it stand out so much...?

"Do you like it?"

"It's different from what I've tried before, what is the special ingredient to this? Indeed, it took me by surprise by how delicious it was."

She smiled at his comment and slowly brought her finger to her lips, before she grinned at him.

"It's a secret."