After School👐

Once again as they get home Millie hesitates to go inside of her house.

"You okay?" Finn asks even though he knows she won't be.

Instead of nodding like she did yesterday, she walked down her porch stairs and walked over to Finn's house. She walked up the porch stairs.

"No... Can I come in?" Millie ask

Finn smiles to himself. "Yea..." He opens the door for Millie and she walks inside, Finn follows.

They walk inside and hear water running in the kitchen. Mrs. Wolfhard must be doing the dishes.

"Mom I'm home." Finn calls.

"How was your day?" Mrs. Wolfhard asks

"Suck-ish. Oh, and mom I'd like for you to properly meet Millie." Finn says walking into the kitchen with Millie.

"Well hi Millie." Mrs. Wolfhard dries off her hands and turns off the water.

"Hi." Millie says quietly.

"How's your father doing?" Mrs. Wolfhard asks

Millie glances at Finn. "He's fine."

"That's good. You and your father should join us for dinner." Mrs. Wolfhard says.

"Um Mom, Mr. Brown is probably really busy." Finn says

"Oh, I can call and ask him." Mrs. Wolfhard says

"No! No. He-He has to work." Millie says

"Alright, maybe another time." Says Mrs. Wolfhard

"I should go home. Father will get mad." Millie says and walks out of the kitchen. Finn follows her.

"Are you sure? You can stay the night if you'd like." Finn says

"Finn... It's okay. I'll call." Millie halfheartedly smiles and walks out the door.

Finn goes to his room and thinks about Millie. He keeps checking his phone. He hardly gets any sleep at all, but it doesn't really matter since tomorrow is Saturday and he doesn't have school. Finn finally dozes off at around 4:30am.