chapter four ||

Hope you enjoyed the last two chapters, don't wanna start drama in the beginning of the book but I will give you some commotion 😉
________________________

"Where is he ?" Nevaeh paced back and forward while Justin was sitting on the coach eating a bag of skittles, watching her.

"He knows how important this is to me and this nigga don't wanna answer the fucking phone

"He knows how important this is to me and this nigga don't wanna answer the fucking phone." She shouted irritation high in her voice.

Nevaeh is suppose to be seeing her mother for the first time since she was committed. It's been three years since she last spoke to her mother, she tried so many times to reach out to her but her mother later stopped her visitations. A month ago her mother's nurse called and told Nevaeh that her mother would like to speak with her, Nevaeh's heart dropped in her chest once she received that call. To say that she was nervous was an understatement.

"Darling just calm down, I'm sure your sorry ass for a boyfriend has a good explanation for not returning your phone calls." Justin spoke up.

"Justice ion have time to be arguing with you right now, okay ? I know Joseph is an asshole, we've discussed this topic numerous of times but his my boyfriend and you're my best friend, respect him as I respect Thomas." She said walking into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

She just wanted to cry

She just wanted to cry. Justin knows about the abuse, but he promised her that he wouldn't look at her differently nor tell anyone. He feels sorry for his best friend because he can only help someone that wants to be helped. If she doesn't want to leave Joseph than he can't force her to, she has to make that decision on her own.

She placed her head in her hands and fell to the floor. Justin walked in right on cue. He grabbed her up right before she fell, holding her in his hands. She silently cried as she clung to his chest.

"I'm so afraid Justice, what if she is still angry with me ? What if after this she doesn't want anything to do with me ? What if she's disappointed in my decisions over the years ? I just want her approval, her beautiful smile, her kind words, her arms wrapped around me so tightly telling me 'everything is going to be okay'. I just want her to be proud of me." She sobbed wrapping her arms around his neck, he picked her up and carried her to the coach.

"Baby girl listen to me, everything you just said was assumptions, was 'what if's. You can't allow fear to take control over your life. Sometimes you have to take that 'what if', take that risk, take that jump because if you don't you're going to continue to live that 'what if' and later regret, 'what if I could've done this differently or that differently' stop giving those 'what if's that power." He continued.

"Turn that 'what if' into a 'I did it, I accomplished it, I took that fear and turned it into power'." He said pointing as he talked. She smiled at him kindly, giving him a kiss on his cheek than walking into the bathroom to freshen up. Afterwards she changed her clothes.

"And pack an overnight bag

"And pack an overnight bag. Text Joseph letting him know you're spending the night over my house, we're going to this new night club tonight." He added before going in the pantry to get a bag of chips.

"Okay and stop eating all my damn snacks fat ass." She shouted from the bedroom as Justin busted into laugher.

"Do you want me to drop you off, wait for you, or go in and support you ?" He asked as he held the front door for her, walking out behind her.

"Umm, I'll be fine. Thank you." She weakly smiled as they got in his car. He started the engine and pulled outta the parking lot of her apartment. Dont by Bryson Tiller played in the background as Nevaeh glanced out the window. Please I hope this goes well. I really want her to like me, please. She said a small prayer in her head before turning her attention to Justin.

"So what's going on with you and Thomas, Justice ? You haven't spoke a word about him, is everything okay ?" She questioned with concern in her voice. He took a deep sigh before opening his mouth.

"He on a bunch of bullshit to be honest. He has a lot of insecurities and trust issues, you know how I am and my demeanor. I'm a strong minded person and I can't keep kissing his ass and holding his hand. Shit, I'm not his damn father." Nevaeh and Justin busted out into laugher but she could tell by the sound of his voice that it was hurting him.

"Be the bigger person and talk to him. Sometimes you have to support him and help him along the way, you have to continue to push. If his someone you see yourself being with than like you said, take that chance. Stop being stubborn and put your pride aside, talk to him. It's a working process." Nevaeh said touching his hand. They both smiled before she got out the car.

They had pulled up to the asylum two minutes ago. He walked her to the door and opened it for her.

"I'm not going to be here long. You're a big girl but I wanna tell you that I'm really proud of you. I have some business to take care of before you and I grab some dinner tonight and held to my house. Be safe, I love you Cinderella." He kissed her forehead and held her hand.

"I love you too Poetic Justice. I'll call you when I'm ready." Nevaeh smiled before turning around to face the woman she thought would never want to see her again.

"Hello Nevaeh..."

_______________________

What type of drama will Justin and Nevaeh get their selves into this evening ?

What do you think Nevaeh's mother want to discuss after all these years of not speaking to her ? Will it all play out for the better or will Cinderella lose her glass slipper ☺️?