chapter two || new encounters ?

N E V A E H  K I N G ||

Walking along the streets of Detroit, attending to her everyday routines. Nevaeh walks into a small cafe not to far from Glamour Productions, a makeup studio. Right now she's working towards her bachelors degree, accomplishing her business degree, she later graduated from cosmetology school a month ago. Earning her cosmetology license.

"Hey bitch, you want your usual ?" Her best friend, Justin asked smiling.

"Of course mothafucka." She answered laughing. "How is your day going so far ?" She started, pulling out some cash.

"One step at a time baby girl. You look beautiful today. Just on your lunch break ?" He assumed, handing her her change.

"Yes, I have an hour today so ima just sit by the window and finish reading." She gave a sweet smile.

"You've read that book a thousand times, Vaeh" He lets out a chuckle.

She moved out of the next costumer's way so they can order as she continued her conversation.

"I know, I just love that book." She smiles. "It's my favorite part. When she finally reunites with her Prince Charming-"

"And they live happily ever after, girl I know. That's my little sisters' favorite fairytale." She laughs at him shaking her head. Her and Justin have became really good friends over the years. They went to the same high school but they didn't become close til they bumped into each other at a night club. After that they've been inseparable.

Once Justin hands her her lemon iced tea with cinnamon and a bagel she walks to the window in the corner and take a seat. She loves to seat and watch each and every person that she comes across. Different people, different encounters, different personalities.

Nevaeh wants to start her own beauty school, teach young women about makeup, skincare, teach how to do hair, etc. Ever since she was little, it has been her dream.

She gently touches under her eye where Joseph strike her two days ago. Ever since her mother was diagnosed with schizophrenia, shit just went downhill. Her mother was verbally abusive to her: making her feel worthless, saying that she'd never be nothing in life and no one would ever love her.

Nevaeh's father left when she was twelve and her mother blamed her for him leaving.

Nevaeh has a lot of low self esteem and insecurities and her mother's actions and harsh words, along with Joseph's just put her in a deep depression stage for a while but surprisingly she never allow anyone to see her down. She always keep a smile on her beautiful face, she always greet others with the most kindness, and respect others as well.

No matter how much hatred and anger she has towards them sadly, she still loves them both. She could never treat them how they've treated her over the years, it's just not in her nature.

She feels a small tap on her thigh. She looks down to see a beautiful little girl with the cutest grin.

She looks down on her with the biggest smile ever

"Hi cutie, where did you come from ?" She asks holding out her hand to shake. The little girl places her hand in hers covering her face with the other.

"Where's your parents baby girl ?" Nevaeh questions raising her head to look around the cafe. The little girl points to a man arguing with someone over the phone. Nevaeh rises outta her seat picking up her purse and trash along with her. Grabbing the girls' hand and walking over to what looks like her father.

"Look ion give a fuck what's going on man, I'm on vacation with my precious baby girl so deal with the shit. I want my place of business to be somewhere where someone could come in and enjoy themselves and my high star food as well. I want my restaurant to keep they damn reputation, you hear me ?" He said with irritation high in his voice.

"Excuse me, your daughter wondered off." Nevaeh smiled at him but he didn't return the favor. He mean mugged her for a minute before picking up his daughter and kissing her on the forehead.

"What did I tell you about walking off ?" He asked her as she placed her head on his shoulder. He took another glance at Nevaeh before turning his attention back to the person on his phone.

"A simple 'thank you' would be nice. Rude ass." Nevaeh said with attitude, mumbling the last part.

"What you just say ?" He looked up at her.

"I said it wouldn't kill you to open your mouth and act like you have some manners."

"Look, I think you better keep ya ass walkin' cause I'm not inna mood to be dealing with no bullshit."

"And honestly ion care what typa mood you're in, a simple 'thank you' and a smile would be pleasant. But I'm sorry, I don't mean to bother you and your outgoing call but anything could've happened, but seems like your place of business is far more important than you keeping an eye on your child." Nevaeh said eying him. She gave a short smile before gathering her things and leaving the cafe, heading back to work.
________________________

Welp, she does have some attitude to her 😂💁🏾 but anyways, here's your update. The first chapter was mor so a teaser to draw you readers in 😊