Chapter 14

Sam, Alex, and Clover fired up their jet packs, and they all flew off in pursuit. Siu swiftly jumped up to grab the top of the tall stone wall to the backyard, and hauled himself over. He dropped to the ground and spotted a black helicopter on a small asphalt landing pad next to a shed.

The armored man ran to it, noticed an electronic lock, and extended a forefinger. A small wire moved out, attached to the lock, deactivated it, and the door opened. He climbed in and was about to shut the door when he glanced back to see his pursuers who flew towards him. He turned back to the controls and used his free hand to hover over the ignition and activate the chopper with a jolt of power. Then he found the stick to take off, thankful for his knowledge from military experience.

"No you don't," Alex called out, with a focused look.

She activated her Bungee Belt, and the heart-shaped center shot out to magnetically attach to the frame of the door. Alex rocketed in the opposite direction from him, and retracted the cable into her belt. Siu yanked down on the door, which sent her flying, then refocused on the controls. Alex managed to regain control before hitting the chopper, and breathed out to compose herself.

Sam and Clover darted to him but halted when he swung a backhanded slash with his energy blade. Clover huffed in relief when it missed by inches. Sam held the Ice Queen Perfume, and her mind worked as they all ascended to match the altitude of the rising chopper.

"Girls, you hold him and I'll freeze him," she said evenly.

Clover and Alex quickly reached into their backpacks and pulled out the extendable staffs they'd received as gifts from their previous mission in Japan. Siu pulled the control stick, the chopper dipped down suddenly, and the rotor blades descended dangerously above them. Sam noticed and dropped down. "Look out!" she cried.

They glanced up and moved quickly to avoid the attack. Though Baymax still held Heathcliff, who continued to struggle against him, Hiro ordered the robot to fly in closer. Hiro kept one hand attached to Baymax and with the other, fired off a short-range electrical charge at Siu. The armored man grunted in surprise, then reared back a fist to attack.

A metal staff slammed into his arm before he could swing, and Clover flew right into the cockpit to push back his arm with all her force. Before he could attack with his other hand, Alex used her staff to pin his other arm back, and used the thrust of her jet pack for extra force.

"Alex, once I spray, break that faceplate!" Sam yelled and gestured to mimic the act. Alex nodded slightly and prepared to move. Sam shot the last of the frosty spray into the man's faceplate. His vision was obscured by a heavy covering of ice.

Clover used a free hand to grab the chopper's stick and desperately fought to control it into a smooth descent. Alex's brows furrowed and she released Siu's arm to thrust the staff forward with precision to shatter the brittle faceplate into small ice chunks. She hit his forehead with minimal force.

"Injection time, Baymax!" Hiro shouted. He glanced down at the residential area below, then back to the armored man and the girls in concern.

Baymax flew in closer and reached out an arm towards Siu. Heathcliff took the opportunity to batter the robot with glancing blows which scratched the durable armor.

But the robot focused on Siu and extended his forefinger to the dazed man. The tip of his finger opened, a needle emerged, and he delicately poked it into the side of his neck. Alex and Sam each held one of Dave's arms, while Clover kept the helicopter in a hover to ensure the procedure was done precisely. Siu blinked and looked in surprise as his armor vanished piece by piece until everything was gone.