Love and Pancakes

I reached out slowly and twisted the doorknob in attempt to not wake Bethany, not aware whether she was sleeping.

As I pushed the door open quietly I signalled Shawn to be quiet behind me. Whilst doing so, I kicked the shoe rack beside the door.

"Shhhhhiii."

I bit my lip to stop the explicit from escaping my mouth.

I grabbed my foot jumping around the hallway. Shawn stood in the doorway clutching his stomach in laughter. Then I saw a head emerge from blankets on the couch.

"Is that you Laura ?" Bethany drawled sleepily, rubbing her eyes.

"Ermm.... yeah its me." I say seemingly unsure as I remove my shoes and place them on the offending rack before looking towards a very self-assured Shawn.

Then it hit me. Shawn now knew my name, and he wasn't gonna let me forget it, at least for the next few days. I couldn't wait to hear the endless list of pet names he would attempt to string together.

I stared him in the eyes and bashed his shoulder on the way upstairs, smirking.

Looking back down the stairs I noticed that Bethany had curled back up to her boy toy, Brad.

I smiled to myself, grateful for the night of the party as we both seemed to have found love.

I crossed the landing and headed towards my room. Shawn followed close behind, shutting the bedroom door behind him.

"Shawn, what are you doing ?" I questioned with fluttering butterflies in my stomach.

"I don't know, what are you doing, Laura ?" He said, confidently lingering on my name. He towered above me with a deep, lustful look in his eyes.

"Heyyy... that's not fair, I was planning on keeping that secret for a bit longer." I protested, pretending to have a tantrum like a young child. I threw myself onto my double bed and attempted to hide under the duvet.

"Well I know your name now... " he said still seeming confident about himself. He leaned over me and I flinched as he began to tickle me.

"SHAWN, stop I'm really ticklish"

"No ! Never !" He said triumphantly

"YES ! Please ! SHAWWWN." I squealed, then instantly trying to keep quiet as I was worried about waking Bethany downstairs.

Instinctively, I grabbed Shawn and attempted to push him away -of course this failed- and he ended up on top of me. Still laughing at my attempts to escape his relentless tickling.

That's when I hear a disturbance and some bumping from downstairs, a strong accent followed.

"Guys Keep it down,that's a huge turn off !"

I look Shawn in the eyes and blush to the colour of a tomato, knowing full well what they thought was going on... Shawn bit his lip and continued locking eyes with mine.

"Hey that's a point ! Where's your bag babe." He paused, hinting to earlier events suggestively.

"Cause if you're feeling kinda crazy, turn down the lights, we can take our time do whatever you like. It's alright, alright, I wanna make you mine" he continues, singing.