Long stories and noodles

'Okay, you go first.' I smile 'You seemed pretty attached back there, tell me everything'

'Well. After you left the club I started talking to that cute boy you saw walking away, Brad. We clicked instantly, I was so attracted to him. We danced for hours and hours, then I realised the time, gave him my number, and went to look for you. I saw you were occupied with that dark haired fella so I left you alone. So I went to the shop to get ice cream and water and went to find Brad again. We walked hand in hand to his house and talked and he asked me to stay because it was late, which was when I sent you that message. He lent me a baggy shirt to sleep in and it smelt of him. Then I saw him shirtless! He's soooooo hot! We had some cuddle time, he was a little bit drunk but he kept singing random words he said, in his amazing voice... something like 'I was walking away but she's so beautiful it made me stay...' which he said to me. We slept and I woke up alone, so I went downstairs to see him cooking, shirtless.... I couldn't help but stare... we ate and then rushed over to our house. We walked hand in hand. He asked when he could see me again and told me not to wait too long, so I said some cute lovey thing about every minute I'm away I miss him and started to cry... then he told me he loved me and he began to cry too... then he hugged me tight. Then we had to say our goodbyes... what about you ???I want all the details!'

'Well .. it's a long story' I giggled 'Let's take it inside'

'So go on! What happened? Was it the tall guy I saw you talking to? Come on don't make me wait!!'

'Yeah' I blushed, throwing myself on the couch.

'We talked at the burger stand while I got my food, he was slightly drunk at that point he complimented me saying a pretty girl like me shouldn't be out on my own. As I was eating my food he put his number on the piece of paper and disappeared.' I said showing Bethany the scrap of paper from my jacket.

'I finished my food and went for a walk. That's when I called you. You didn't answer so I called Shawn, reluctantly. I asked him if I could stay at his and he asked me to meet him at the club on Maple street. I don't remember much after that but I know we had a few drinks and I slow danced with Shawn. After that he walked me to his place... We didn't do much after that, just slept I guess.' The blush took over my cheeks, I tried to hide it facing the coatrack hanging up my jacket.

Bethany shot me a cheeky grin.

'Just as I thought our love lives were hopeless haha! I guess we both found love that night! Must be fate! Only thing is... I hardly know him and I already miss him'

I dodged a bullet there... still trying to get rid of the blush, fragments of memories from Shawn and I's little make out episode last night fought their way through the barrier of the hangover sitting on my head. The blush only deepened.

'I see you're pretty attached too... missing Shawn?'

'Yeah haha one funny thing, I'm playing a game with him, he doesn't even know my name yet.'

I laughed making my way into the kitchen to grab some food.

'Brad knows mine... he didn't at first, it's was only when he brought up that he didn't know that I told him haha'

She replies, looking to be in deep thought.

'Noodles ?' I question, opening a packet and filling a pan

'Ew you know I hate noodles! We've been over this a thousand times!'

'Okay then more for meeee' I say sing-songy, popping my head round the door.

'I don't understand how you eat that like gross! I'll get some cereal' Bethany yells getting up to the kitchen.

I stir the noodles in the pan. My phone begins to ring on the couch.

'I'll get it!' She runs to my phone. 'oooooo it's Shawn!' She exclaims before answering it. 'Hey lover boy, why you ringing this number?'

I stand in the doorway and blush.

'What are you doing !?' I try to get the phone off her, laughing.

'Aw Laura is blushing for Shawn!' She teases 'Ooo la la' My cheeks heat up even more. Bethany hands over my phone and falls over laughing.

'Hey, you'd be doing the same if it was Brad' I defend.

'Speaking of Brad' Bethany says, eventually pulling herself together and scrolling through her phone, a small grin creeping across her face.

I head back into the kitchen balancing my phone between my shoulder and my ear.

'Soo what's up lover boy ?' I question suppressing a giggle.

'I hope this name doesn't stick' Shawn replies laughing. 'I wanted to speak to you, I know it's not official between us, but I was wondering if you fancy a real date ? Preferably one somewhere nicer than Maple Street club, a restaurant maybe ?'

I pause whilst pouring my noodles into a bowl. Was Shawn really asking me on a date ?

'How very gentleman-ly Shawn, Sounds great' I smile 'When were you thinking ?'

'I was thinking later on tonight,' Shawn laughs nervously. 'Around 8 ?'

'It's a date.'  I reply  'See you then lover boy.'

I hear Shawn laugh to himself before hanging up the phone. Whilst on the phone I had wandered upstairs into my room. I look myself in the full length mirror and then smile down at my phone in my hand before throwing it onto my bed and proceeding to run down the stairs squealing.

I sit on the armchair opposite Bethany and pick up my bowl of noodles with a smug grin on my face. I finish the noodles and put my bowl in the sink. It was 1:30 I had a while before Shawn was picking me up. I suppose a quick nap could come in handy.

>>>

7:45

I add the finishing touches to my makeup and straighten out my dress, with a final check in the mirror all that was left was to wait for Shawn.

_____________________________
A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked the chapter. Bethany's P.O.V can be read on my friends account BethanyPyrah5

Enjoy my muffins ❤️🎶