Chapter 24

That next morning I woke up early. Before anyone else. My bags were already packed and my blankets were folded in the corner. I reached the tent opening and peeked out to see if breakfast was being served into bowls yet, but eye caught something else.
I watched as Jet walked over to the log near the camp fire.
I leaned my head closer and followed him with my eyes.

"What do you want." He mumbled crossing is arms. I couldn't quite see who he was talking to, another tent was blocking my vision, but I heard his voice my heart fluttered.

"You should know exactly what I want at thins point." Zuko growled. He walked closer to the other man and balled his fists. His chest was broad and his form was stern. You could tell he was serious and angry.
"Are you here to protect that sweet little girl of yours." He laughed shook his head. "Typical." He mumbled. "But I don't blame you, she is quite lovely to look at." He said softly, his head strained forward right back at Zuko.

"Shut up!" He hissed and stepped closer. "You don't know what your talking about!" Zuko's hair flung free of its usual top knot, and it fell back into his eyes.

"Do I not? Am I wrong?" He stood up and leaned his face slightly closer to Zuko's.
My eyebrows furrowed. Zuko's right Jet doesn't know what he's talking about.

Zuko didn't answer but his facial expression stayed the same. After a few moments Zuko finally spoke, but his voice was so quiet I could barely hear him. "If you touch her every again, I swear, I will kill you." Grumbled and grabbed on to Jets collared pajama shirt. Jet flinched at the sudden action.
"Oh I see." He mused. "Your in love with the little WaterTribe slut." He smiled and pushed Zuko back.
How did he know I was WaterTribe! Then reality hit me again. Did Jet just say, love?
Zuko's posture broke and he back away further from Jet. "How-?"

"Which one? The fact that your in love with her, or that she's water tribe?" He smirked and leaned back,crossing his arms again.
Zuko didn't answer so Jet just answered for him. "The little boy who tagged along with her told me." He sighed. "Daddy wont be very happy that you brought home a WaterTribe girl, will he?" Zuko lowered his head. "Awe, you aren't going to tell her are you?"
Zuko growled and unsheathed his swords. "I am your commanding officer, you will obey me!" His swords by his side.

"Fine." He held up his hands in defense. "But don't forget this." His finger was held up for a moment. "If you're not going to get up and get her, I guess I can take her for my own benefits." He smirked and turned to walk away.
Jet seemed to know how to get Zuko mad. I felt slightly flattered that I was this subject, but that quickly disappeared to shock.

Zuko shot forward and slung his sword forward, knocking jet to his feet. "If you were smart you would stay away from her!" His swords pointed strait at Jet.
Jet shoved the swords away and got up.
"Don't forget, I warned you." He laughed, obviously not taking his seriously.
And Jet was gone.
Zuko's head fell down and his hand came up to press against his forehead.

"What are you doing to me?" I heard his ask him self.
I sighed and my face saddened. I leaned back into the tent and slowly went to lay on my side.

"Nothing, your highness. Nothing at all." I whispered.

***

"Katara." I heard Zuko whisper as he pulled the tent entrance open.
I groaned at the sudden light. "Get up, we head out today." And he let the curtain fall as he walked off.
I leaned up half heartedly in my seat and pulled the blankets off my legs.

Come on! I just folded those!

And although my mind wanted to venture to the upper ring, I heart screamed for the small touch on the Prince that will take me there.