Chapter 16

Walking to the upper ring of the FireNation surely wasn't boring if you ask me.
All the men walked up the paths of the large volcanic mountain carrying some sort of supplies that wasn't already in the large wagons. A lot of them told stories and and exchanged laughs. I was quickly invited in.
"Hey Katara!" I heard behind me. I quickly slowed to stand next to Aang. He grabbed hold of my hand and shifted his eyes back over to the guys he was talking to. I leaned back and gave Aang a questioned look.
I quickly pulled my hand from his grip. The other guys snickered. "Yes. Aang." I grumbled.
But before he could speak another man opened his mouth. "It is lovely meeting you lady Katara, I am Jet. This is my friend Haru." He motioned to the man next to him.

Jet had wild big hair and a thin tan face. He was tall and muscular, and looked like he was fresh from the dirt pit.
Haru was a slight bit shorter but didn't lack the muscle. He had strait long hair and a green head band. Earth kingdom.
I huffed slightly and started walking forward.

I could see the Prince right ahead of the wagon infront of me. I watched in curiosity as he talked to his uncle. I couldn't hear what he was saying because of the men screaming and hollering behind me but I could tell Prince Zuko was shocked about something.

"So katara." Jet came to my side and put an arm around me. My eyes widened completely and my lips curled up in a snarl.
He flinched.
"Get. off. of. me." I said quietly trying to shove him off, but he kept moving forward.

"Come on! Give me a chance" he smirked. "I haven't even showed what I can really do." He said softly in my ear while sliding a hand down my back. All the guys were laughing in the back.
I turned to hit him but he already was on my other side. "Get off!" I shivered slightly from the violation.
He grabbed my arms and I started kicking at his legs. Bit mistake considering we all hand armor there.

But before I could do anything else, someone else had got between us.
"She said get off! If you want to continue working here you better straitened up!" Zuko's back was facing me. He slid his hand back to grab my wrist.
I furrowed my eyebrows. The nerve!

Jet's expression fell scared and he slowly backed away with his group.  We all continued walking.
Zuko turned around quickly "are you-"
SLAP!

My hand quickly stung from the contact.
I pulled my other hand out of his grip. "I was perfectly fine on my own." I rubbed my wrists where jet grabbed me.
I heard the crowd of men laugh. "See not even Mr. Prince is good enough for her." I heard them whisper.

Zuko flinched. "It didn't look like it." He admitted while grabbing my hand again and pulling me infront of the wagon away from the guys in the back of the line.

"Let go of me!"
He didn't look back, still dragged me to the front.

"You're staying with me." He said calmly. I crossed my arms and smirked.

"You should know I can handle my self." I said as-matter-of-factly as I could.
The corner of his lip raised.
"I know." His gaze stayed fixed ahead.

We were now walking at a pretty normal pace.
I fiddled with the small knives in my basket, trying to take away from the extreme awkward silence.

Haha! Welcome back! It's good to be back! There is our intro to the second part!
I personally loved this scene! We had some jealousy going on. Some Zuko and Katara. Some Katara trying to act independent but Zuko wants to baby her! Ugh I love them!