Someday: Chapter 10

CHAPTER TEN

A Fun Life is All About Quail Eggs

THE DAY ENDED QUITE peacefully compared to last week. Especially when Aika and Hana found out that Isaline was living with me. Though of course they were still jealous of that. Though the day ended peacefully, it was still strange. Leia came to me twice today, first being lunch, and the second right now.

“Torph, shall we go home together?” Leia said as she approached me outside our classroom after school.

“No, thank you,” I replied, to which Leia nodded and left.

“What is up with that girl?” Aika asked as Leia left.

“Well, aren’t you famous,” Hana said.

“I l-love you m-more than she does, T-Torph,” Isaline whispered, her face turning almost as red as her eyes.

“Even I can’t say that,” Aika said, shocked.

Hana, on the other hand, was simply stunned.

And I... well, I’m young. And I’m easily so easily flattered. And I was just happy that she said that.

“-orph! Hey, Torph!” Aika was calling out my name and pulling me back into reality.

“Wha-what?” I asked.

“Ah, never mind,” Aika said. “Let’s all go home.”

That night, Isaline and I shared a simple dinner of instant noodles since she wanted some ‘mechanically processed food with artificial flavouring.’

So, despite the delicious food I prepared for her, we ate noodles, enjoying each other’s company.

I was wearing a simple white shirt and cotton pants. While Isaline wore a shirt that was too big for her, exposing more shoulder than my young age could legally see. I tried my best to not stare, but my best was not good enough.

Oh, no dirty thoughts run through my mind, mind you. I’ve trained myself to control my thoughts.

And when we slept, Isaline slept on my cot, while I slept sitting on a chair at the corner of the room since my place, though big enough for one person, was not big enough to contain two sleeping people who weren’t scandalously close when lying down. And thus, I was to sleep sitting on a chair.

“Wipe your mouth!” I laughed as Isaline came into the kitchen that morning.

“Wha-?” she asked while rubbing her eyes and not quite awake yet.

“You have more saliva on your mouth than I ever did in my life,” I replied, still laughing.

“Ah where’s towel the so wipe I can mouth my,” she said, stumbling and still half asleep.

I led her to the comfort room so I can wash her face. And as she yawned, I splashed cold water into her face.

“AH!” she screamed, suddenly awake.

“Are you awake yet?” I chuckled.

“Torph! You surprised me! Hmph!” she said, make an extremely cute pouting face.

“Well, wash up, I’ll get breakfast ready,” I smiled.

“Fine,” she replied.

I patted her head and went back to the kitchen to reheat the food I had prepared last night.

And after eating, bathing, and preparing, we went to school.

Sadly, ever since she came to my place, I haven’t been able to show her the beautiful sunrise. Maybe tomorrow.