[14]

Gunshots rang out, and later neighbors could testify hearing those gunshots, and wails of pain following.

~~~

After Bokuto and the police arrived at the warehouse, Suga and Daichi quickly examined each room for Jousuuke or any other people, while Resa and Bokuto rescued Akaashi and Kiyoko, then safely bringing them to the car. When Bokuto saw Akaashi, he was literally ready to start sobbing in his arms, but Resa reminded them that they weren't safe yet, and the two saved it for later. Kiyoko figured the black and white spiked haired boy was the person Akaashi spoked so fondly of (based off the biceps).

Once Suga and Daichi made sure that there was no one else in the warehouse. The two got in the second car with the driver who never left the car, while Resa-san drove the first car, with Kiyoko in shotgun and the two lovers in the backseat. For some reason they weren't taken immediatly to the police station, but instead everyone except the driver once again, got off and entered Akaashi's house which hasn't been habited in a few days.

"I've been meaning to ask this, but why aren't you guys in your uniforms?" Bokuto asked, his question directed at Resa-san, Daichi, and Suga.

"I apologize for not mentioning this earlier, but this case was not actually taken as an official case by the police," Resa-san explained, her gaze never leaving Akaashi, which made the poor boy squirm nervously in his seat on the couch. "Consider this a personal matter. I'm sure I'll get punished once my coworkers find out what happened, but it's worth it."

"Akaashi!" The door burst open, surprising everyone, as Kenma rushed in. He visibly relaxed after realizing Akaashi was safe. Kuroo followed behind him.

"You're okay right? Nothing bad happened?" Kenma interrogated. Akaashi reassured the smol boi that he was fine.

Bokuto looked towards Akaashi's mother. "Thank you Resa-san."

The woman shook her head and smiled. "It's the least I can do to repay my son." She looked towards her son, who stiffened and stared at her wide eyed after hearing her words. Everyone except Bokuto was surprised at her words.

Before Akaashi could say anything Resa continued. "Although the matter is not finished yet, that son of a bitch is sure to come here once he notices that those two are not at the warehouse." She nodded towards Akaashi and Kiyoko. Kiyoko shrank in her seat in the room of unfamiliar faces.

As if on cue. The door opened once again to reveal Jousuuke, visibly sweating. "What's going on," Jousuuke questioned darkly acknowledging Bokuto and Resa's presence. Akaashi flinched meeting his murderous gaze. Resa returned that gaze forcing him to look at her instead.

"What are you doing in my house with my son?" He asked in a sickly sweet voice.

"He is not your son anymore," Resa-san stated.

"He is legally my son!" The man seethed. "You were the one who abandoned him!"

"And you were the one which forced me to do so!" Resa retorted raising her voice.

"Yet you consent to their relationship?!" He gestured to the two boys.

"I acknowledge my mistakes," Resa-san said curtly.

Everyone in the room watched as the two bickered about their past decisions, until Jousuuke, finally exasperated, seized Akaashi by the neck, and magically produced a gun and pointed it to his son's temple, and backed up to a far wall. Resa, Suga, and Daichi immediately drew out their guns and pointed it at the man. The three have had their intense training, and can now instinctively draw out their weapons at the sign of a threat without batting an eyelash. All the teenagers in the room stiffened. No one dared to move. Bokuto most alarmed of them all.

"Let our son go or we'll shoot," Resa threatened.

"I could say the same to you." Jousuuke tightened his grasp on the boy.

"You don't deserve to be called a father," Resa seethed.

"And you deserve to be called a mother?"

"You abused out son! What did he do to deserve that?"

"He lied! He blatantly disobeyed me!"

"He's a teenager and he has every right to! He doesn't deserve anything that came his way!"

"Shut up!" The father screamed, and Resa quickly fired a shot that barely grazed his ear and making a hole in the wall next to him. Jousuuke flinched and winced in pain. Although the bullet didn't hit him, the sound was still painful, especially since it was right next to his ear.

"I won't miss next time," Resa snarled. But she didn't need to. After the shot rang out, Jousuuke's grip on Akaashi weakened and Akaashi took this chance to slip out of his clutches. His freedom didn't last long though. Jousuukequickly recovered from his shock, and tightly grabbed Akaashi by the wrist which pulled the boys arm in an unnatural way. A gasp of pain escaped the boy's mouth, and he kneeled down in pain allowing his father to hold onto his injured arm. Bokuto stood up from his seat, furious, but Resa-san held out an arm stopping him from doing anything stupid.

With everyone attention on Bokuto, no one noticed that Kiyoko had a vase that she had grabbed from a nearby stand in her hand. She chucked the vase at the crazed man with surprising precision, but Jousuukedodged it ducking down, but his grip on Akaashi weakened once again, and the boy quickly dashed out of his father's reach and into Bokuto's arms. The vase shattered on the wall, and the shards grazed Jousuuke's head. Bokuto held the injured boy tenderly, away from his father, making sure not to hurt his lover's already injured arm that was hanging limply at his side.

With a curse Jousuukethen aimed the gun at the closest and unfortunately, the frailest person in the room.

"NO!" A gunshot rang out. Then a scream.