Travelodge Tourism Industry

Lifelong learning is based on the continuous development of professional as well as personal skills. The lifelong learning approaches are essential in developing professional as well as personal the skills through enhancing the ways of understanding. In the context of Travelodge Hotel the employees are needed to enhance their performance abilities and skills with the lifelong learning perspectives. There are different approaches through which the lifelong learning can be encouraged to the staffs of the Travelodge:

Apprenticeship: apprenticeship is effective tool in lifelong learning through practical applications of the theoretical knowledge under the guidance of the administrator.

Continuous development: continuous development of the professional skills would lead the staffs towards efficiency. By analysing the current knowledge and skills and comparing them with the future development needs the staffs can approach informal and formal sources for gathering proper knowledge over required skills. After acquiring the knowledge the skills are practiced on a continuous manner which is needed for development of learning on a long term perspectives.

Self-managed learning: self-managed learning approaches are efficient lifelong learning processes as they are conducting by the individuals. Within the self- managed learning processes the individuals assess their own needs over the current skills and adapt the approaches which would be efficient to fill the gap between the current skills and required skills. Through this process the staffs of Travelodge can develop their skills by comparing the feedbacks of the customers and develop customer satisfactory services.

As the manager of Travelodge I have the responsibility to encourage the lifelong learning for the development of the staffs and the employees of Travelodge. After assessing the development needs of the professional skills I have to propose proper lifelong learning processes for the staffs. Training and courses are developed for the staffs. Apart from these the staffs are encouraged towards continuous development and self-managed learning. As an assistant manager I will provide proper support along with motivation to increase the performances.