twenty one

- 12:01 am -

Jongdae woke up from the loud dinging sound on his phone. Groaning, he rolled over to pick it up. He looked at the bright screen, reading a notification he had gotten from his mother. It was reminding him that they were moving that day. Tears flooded Jongdae's eyes, but he was not to let them fall. He texted back, pain in his shaky fingers. He didn't want to leave Minseok.

Eomma: Jongdae, honey, we're leaving today.

Jongdae: I'll start packing, Eomma...

Jongdae sighed, placing his phone back down on his night-stand as he groggily got up from his bed and walked over to his dresser. He got some boxes, and started throwing in all of his clothes and belongings into them. He then got another text message from his mother, saying:

Eomma: Be quick! We're picking you up in an hour.

Jongdae didn't even want to text back. Yet he sped up with the packing, quietly, not wanting to wake Minseok.

• • •

After about an hour of packing, he heard a few knocks on the door. He trotted downstairs to open it, and of course, his mother was there.

"Are you ready to go? Everything is packed?" she asked. Jongdae rolled his eyes. "Yes, it is, Eomma. But I-I dont think I'm ready to go..." he replied unsteadily. His mother tilted her head in confusion. "What? Why!" she cried.

"I don't think I'm ready to leave Minseok. I don't think he's ready to be left." Jongdae responded, tears filling his eyes once again.

"Oh, Jongdae. Don't mind that stupid boy.
He's not worth of your time," his mother hissed. Jongdae's eyes widened. He could
feel his veins pumping, as his heart rate
grew faster and faster. Without hesitating,
the boy struck his own mother in the jaw.

He didn't even feel bad about it. He thought she had deserved it. "J-Jongdae!" she cried.

Jongdae looked over at her, arms crossed. "What is it, old lady?" he snapped. "GET IN THE DAMN CAR!" she yelled, spitting out
the tiniest bit of blood from her bleeding lip.

Jongdae's lips began to quiver. "Eomma, j-
just let me go give M-Minseok one last kiss."

Jongdae's mother huffed. "Fine. But make it quick," she growled, throwing her purse inside the car.

• • •

Jongdae walked up the stairs, eyeing all the moving boxes. He would move him out of the way so Minseok wouldn't have any evidence that he left, but Jongdae had no time to do so.

He stepped into the room, silently creaking open the door. He tip-toed over to Minseok and watched as he slept peacefully, unaware Jongdae would be leaving. Again, Jongdae's eyes filled of tears, as he bent over to give the boy a kiss on his forehead, a single tear drop fell on his cheek. "I'm sorry I couldn't keep
my promise. I'll love you unconditionally, Minseok. Forever and always." Jongdae whispered, placing his hand on Minseok's beating heart, getting one last touch of his warm, loving body before he left the room.

He grabbed all of his bags and boxes, one-by-one placing them into the trunk of the car. It was finished, and done with. Jongdae was now leaving Korea, heading over to Los Angeles.

In the car, he had gotten another text... from Minseok.

Minseok: jongdae?
Minseok: where are you?
Minseok: im scared. i need you right now.
Minseok: i don't want to have to go through this... again.
Minseok: jongie please!! i just want to hug you. and cuddle up to you and watch ponyo.

Jongdae: typing... Minnie I miss y|

He then stopped typing, not wanting Minseok to find out he had left. He deleted his message, sighing, he put his phone down and laid back.

• • •

dUDE THIS WAS SO SADDY IM CRYIUNG