Chapter One: Farewell, My Lovely

Start from the beginning

"Oh, no one's going to believe you. Not only did you lose the game, but you lost the story. It's mine. Everything is mine!" Charlotte pushed the opening even more.

"God, I hate this town!" she exclaimed. " I guess I'm gonna have to do something about that, too."

Mona looked down to her left, and picked something up.

Charlotte heard it come off the floor, and turned to face her opponent.

"Am I supposed to be afraid of you?"

"You said no one would believe me."

"Oh, sweet Mona! You don't have the guts!"

Mona threw the flowers at Charlotte, which she caught.

"Let's find out."

Mona forced Charlotte to turn around and face the town, holding the screwdriver against her back.

"People will think you committed suicide your first night home. How sad," Mona said, pushing the screwdriver against Charlotte a little harder. She was starting to get uncomfortable.

"Jump. Jump or I'll push you."

Charlotte looked down at the grass under her.

"I'm giving you more of a chance than you ever gave us. Maybe...you'll land just right and live. A few broken bones and you get to send me to prison. It's possible. You're thinking about it. You're thinking of a lot of things, aren't you?"

"Please, Mona. D-don't!" Charlotte begged.

"'Please, Mona. Don't'!" Mona mocked, twisting the screwdriver slightly. "Now you know what it's like to be really afraid! The way you made us feel. Say 'goodnight' to the world, bully." Suddenly, Mona turned Charlotte around and pushed her down onto the bell tower's wooden floor. Mona walked over to her, bent down, and pointed the screwdriver to her face.

"Listen to me. That taste in your mouth? That's what dying tastes like. Get used to it. Because you're gonna choke on it everyday for the rest of your long, miserable life.

Charlotte stayed on the ground, and looked at Mona as she stood up.

Her smirk returned as she said, "I knew you didn't have to guts."

Charlotte reached over for a wooden plank next to her, and hit Mona over the head with it. Mona went down, but wasn't 100% unconscious. Charlotte took this as her time to run. But when she was about to go down the stairs, she hit something. More like someone!

When Charlotte looked up, she couldn't believe who she saw.

"Melissa? What the hell are you doing here?" she asked.

Present Day:

"Wait a minute. Melissa was there?! In the bell tower with you and Charlotte?" Emily asked.

"Yes. Now, let me finish."

The Night Charlotte Died: