Chapter 9

The dwarves

Gandalf POV

"Where are you planning to go from here?" I asked Thorin. "We plan to go through Mirkwood, It is the fastest route we can think of since we are running out of time."

I just nodded. "Well Legolas could help you get through-" "Like I would trust an elf to get us through. Just because I let Lord Elrond help, does not mean that I am going to trust every elf I meet." Thorin said in a gruff voice."

"That may be the case, however Legolas is the Prince of Mirkwood he can get you through much faster than if you didn't have help." "I don't know Gandalf" Thorin turned away from me. "It's the best plan you have."

I said honestly. If you want to make it to the Lonley mountain before Durin's Day you're going to need all the help you can get." Thorin didn't say anything and I didn't push it. I made my way out the room to search for Legolas I had to speak with him.

After searching for about 30 minutes I found him sitting on a bench in the courtyard. I made my way to him and sat down.

"Gandalf, how are you?" He asked. "I'm doing just fine, thanks for asking." Legolas looked at me. "You are here to ask me something." I just signed.

"Yes, are you planning on taking Daeran back to Mirkwood?" Legolas nodded "yes eventually, I know I should have headed home a while ago , but I want him to be comfortable." I nodded, I understood what he meant.

"Legolas I was hoping you could accompany the dwarves to Mirkwood they must pass through in order to get to the Lonely Mountain."

"And how does that have anything to do with daeran?" "I'm not trying to put him in danger." "You will be able to bring Daeran back home with you to Mirkwood, while helping the dwarves-"

"and you think I would help the dwarves. They are on a Suicide mission."

"Maybe, but it will be if you don't help them."

"What does thorin and the others think about this."

"I'm not sure he didn't really give a straight answer." "I need to talk to daeran." Legolas told me as he walked away.

Daeran POV

I was in Lord Elrond's study working on my common tongue. I was starting to make a big improvement however, I still had a lot to work on.

"Ok now I want you to read this sentences." Lord Elrond wrote on a piece of paper. I looked at it and studied the writing for a few seconds. "T..the man r..an into the f..for..fore.st" I gave a big sigh then started again. "The man r..an into the for..est."

"Ok one more time, and this time try to get the whole thing." I nodded my head and tried again. "The man ran into the...forest." "Good job Daeran" I smiled up at Lord Elrond happy that I was making progress.

"Ok now the next one" I was about to start when I heard a gentle knock at the door. "Enter" once Legoas entered the room he smiled at me.

"My Lord when you are done with your lesson if I could have a word with Daeran." He was about to leave when Lord Elrond stopped him.

"Actually Legolas you can take him now, I think we're done for today." I smiled and made my way over to Legolas.

When I had closed the door behind me I looked up to him wondering what he wanted to talk to me about. Legolas brought his hand down so I could take it in my own.

"What do you need to talk to me about?" I asked. "Let's sit down first." we walked down the hall and made our way to my room. Once inside Legolas sat on the bed pulling me to his lap.