Chapter 6

Rivendell

Lord Elrond POV

When the child said his name was 'boy' I became very worried confused. Did the child not understand the question? I did not want to believe that the child had been abused and been called that however it was not an illogical answer.

The marks on his body were enough to prove my suspicions. "Is that what you were always called, do you not have any other name you go by." The boy just gave me a confused look "no" he said very timidly.

"Well then we will just have to give you one."

The boy smiled at this. We had to give him a name but we couldn't do it right at this minute. First it was more important to figure out what happened to the child. "What happened to you little one, where are your parents?"

The child just gave me a sad look "dead" he stated. It didn't really come as a surprise. "How old are you little one do you know." The boy thought for a minute. "Four" he said almost uncertainly. I just nodded.

"Is there anything you would like to tell us."

I didn't want to push the questions too hard, so I thought that maybe he could just tell small details we could ask questions based on what he said, however the child did not say much, all that he really said was that he did not have parents and not much of a home before this.

Eventually the child started to become tired he yonded and slowly his eyes started to close. " sleep little one" Legolas said " I will be right here when you wake up" the child gave a small smile and was soon fast asleep.

"We barely learned anything from what he told us." Estel said. And that worried me the only thing we really learned was that his parents were dead and that he didn't have much of a home or any sort of care for a long time.

"What shall we do now?" Legolas asked. We will let him sleep, when he wakes up again we will give him food and if he wishes to speak more then we will listen.

For now I will go inform Lady Galadriel and Haldir of what has transpired here. I made my way out of the room towards where I knew Lady Galadriel would be. "The child has wakened" Lady Galadriel asked I nodded my head yes,

"Yes my lady he has"

"And what have you learned."

"Not much my lady, only that his parents are dead that his childhood was not a happy one." Her face did not change, but I could see it in her eyes that she was deeply upset about this news. He's asleep now, and we will let him rest, Legolas watches him as we speak he's in good hands. With those words Lady Galadriel smiled why yes he is.

Other POV

It wasn't until later that afternoon when the child awoke again Legolas was immediately at his side with food for him to eat. The child looked uncertainly at the food then back at Legolas as if he expected him to take the food away.

"The food is yours little one please eat as much as you can." with those words the child eagerly consumed the soup however in his haste he quickly made a mess.

"Here little one let me help you" Legolas gently took the spoon from the child's hand. He then very gently and slowly Scooped the soup up and brought it to the child's mouth. The child give a shy blush but did as was instructed and open his mouth.

When he was done Legolas set the bowl beside the bed.

"Are you feeling better little one." The boy looked up at Legolas and gave a small nod.