Chapter 38

Alex got knocked on her back by a huge explosion. Usually she would have laid there, wallowing in self pity but now she was annoyed.

She jumped up and wrapped a hand around another Ultron's neck, teleporting them both into the sky before letting go of him.

She teleported back to the ground and looked around, all the Ultrons had gone and not a single civilian was left.

"Clear here," she said.

Clint replied straight away, "All right, we're clear too."

"We are not clear, we need back up as soon as possible." Steve said, sounding mildly panicked.

"On my way." Someone grabbed her from behind and Alex summoned a knife while bringing her hand back over her shoulder, aiming for a face hit. The person caught her hand and she felt the knife being pried from her fingers,

"La prossima volta ti conviene stare più attento. My face is too beautiful for the world to lose." Pietro examined the knife before giving it back to her, "Come stai?"

"Umm," Pietro speaking Italian had officially broken Alex's mind, "I'm— no, er, shit. I mean, si. Si, bene."

"Faresti meglio a stare attento."

"Si." Alex said again, "Anche te."

"I'm going to Wanda, do you need anyone?"

"No, I'm...fine." Pietro nodded and Alex watched him leave. She rubbed Theundruk's handle, biting her bottom lip, "Why was that so fucking hot."

|| It was not ||

<~~>

There were less robots in the street than before, leaving Natasha free to laugh in amusement as Alex dodged another robot and punched him in the side.

"Motherfu—"

"Alex," Natasha shouted, and when Alex turned, Natasha threw the gun she had been using at her. Alex rolled forwards, picked it up while switching the safety off and fired.

Every shot missed and Natasha was ready to intervene when Alex shrugged and threw the gun at the head of the approaching Ultron. It nailed him perfectly and Alex grinned and turned to face their next obstacle:

The police, who were firing at everything that moved.

"Hold your fire!" The chief of them shouted, but one person obviously thought he was better than the others as he aimed and fired a bullet at Pietro.

It only grazed his arm and Pietro didn't even seem hurt, just annoyed. Alex, on the other hand, had reacted the moment she saw the bullet hit her friend,

She teleported in front of the officer and punched him so hard he bent over, clutching at his heavily bleeding nose. Natasha could see Alex gesturing angrily too, out of passion rather than emphasising her point at the officer appeared to be unable to see due to how fierce a punch she had thrown.

"I think you taught her that," Steve shouted to Natasha as he ran by and she shouted back,

"Protectiveness? Definitely you." He turned around so Natasha could see his salute and then he was veering off the road to speak to a gaggle of elderly people.

Natasha reloaded her gun, watching as Alex, backing away from the police officer so as to not break the intense staring contest the two of them had going on, kicked a leg behind her with such ferocity that the sentry trying a sneak attack split in two.

"That's definitely Steve," Natasha tapped her earpiece, "Tony, if you still have that active camera on our suits, I need a copy of mine and Alex's for today."