t w e n t y s e v e n

Start from the beginning

Tonight was going to be epic.

"They're here," he announced after he peered over at the live security camera footage that he had pulled up on his iPad.

I raced down the hall to open the door, trying my best not to slip as I had on a pair of fuzzy socks.

The air was knocked out of my lungs the second I opened the door.

"Lilac!" Logan pushed past Veronica and Kass so that he could be the first one to hug me. "I've missed you!"

"Hi!" I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. "I've missed you too!"

"Excuse me, hoe," Kassandra sassed while reaching out to shove Logan away from me. "Haven't you heard of the phrase chicks before dicks?"

I haven't seen Kass or Vee in almost two weeks since Kass was in Milan for a fashion show and Veronica was busy with school.

To say that I missed them would be an understatement.

"C'mere, bitch!" Veronica sang as she and Kass advanced toward me.

Logan scoffed from beside us.

The girls had purposefully excluded him from our group hug.

As soon as we broke apart, we sprinted down the hall to the game room.

"What's up, bro bro." Logan greeted Justin in a typical male fashion by dapping him up. "Long time no see."

Us girls headed for the couch, our spirits radiating with happiness as we complimented each other's outfits.

"How the hell do you make tracksuits look chic?" Veronica groaned in annoyance. "It's not fair!"

Kass giggled at her complaint. "Oh please. You look like you're ready to beat somebody's ass in bowling."

"I wanna be on Vee's team!" She called out while leaning her head on Veronica's shoulder.

    "Where's your womb mate?" I overheard Logan ask Justin

"Brooding," he replied without looking up from the panel.