Chapter Twenty-One | Classy Porn Star

Start from the beginning

"You look like a classy porn star," Matteo said with complete seriousness. I think my mouth hit the floor. What?

"A classy porn star?" I repeated not entirely sure whether or not I heard him correctly.

"Yeah, but not in like a bad way," he explained, but I was just as lost as ever. How is there a good way?

"A classy porn star, though?" Matteo stood up from the bed which caused him to tower over me. It kind of annoyed me considering I literally had a pair of heels on. As if sensing my irritation, Matteo placed a swift kiss to my cheek and walked over to the mirror.

"Kai, your skirt-thing looks hot," he stated running his hand through his hair before turning back around to face me. "Happy?"

"You compared me to someone who gets paid to have sex on video," I reminded, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, I know," he said as he grabbed my hand and began leading us out of our room, "but a classy one."

"What the hell is the difference?" I asked.

"Classy is good. It's like 'hey, my mate is hot even when she looks like a librarian'," Matteo explained. He pulled the door closed behind us and locked it casually as if he was saying something so totally normal.

"You said I didn't look like a librarian!" I shouted, smacking him on the back of the head causing him to chuckle under his breath.

"Kai, relax. I was joking," he confessed as he drug me to the elevator.

"Seriously, do I look like a paid whore?" I whined while he pressed the button to take us to the second floor where the meeting room was. By the humorless expression on my face, I hoped he realized how much I was not joking around. Just because I embraced my inner slut didn't mean I wanted to show it to every Alpha and Luna out there.

I had come to the conclusion that with Matteo trying to open up, his childishness was coming out. This included getting on my last nerve with his little jokes. They wouldn't be so bad if he knew how to make it more obvious that they were jokes. He just stares at me with the most serious expression possible, and it makes it extremely hard for me to tell if he's just messing around or not.

"No, Kaia," he sighed. "If you looked like a whore in any sense at all, I wouldn't even have thought of letting you leave the room nor will I ever."

"Well, you could have just said I looked good." Matteo's head immediately snapped in my direction with a look that just screamed 'you have to be kidding me'. He looked like he really, really wanted to say something, but he just shook his head instead.

"I'm not even going to start with you because I know I'll lose, anyway," he stated as the elevator doors opened.

"Learning to pick your battles?" A sudden voice said which managed to scare the crap out of me. I jumped causing Matteo to immediately become his same old mean, stoic self. If he hadn't had such a death grip on my hand, I'm sure the owner of the voice would have been either gagging on the floor from a harsh jab to the neck or just laying on the ground lifelessly by now.

"Barron, knock that shit off," Matteo snarled, looking Barron menacingly in the eyes. The imbecile had been leaning on the wall next to the elevator, and for some reason, I had a gut feeling he was waiting for Matteo and I to come out.

"I was just being friendly," Barron defended as he followed Matteo and I down the hall. Yeah, he was definitely waiting for us.