Chapter-16

Woke up by her copied ringtone and got ready without reading the log entry intentionally as it seemed routine and was vexed following the instructions. I also thought of skipping  that day's class. Every part of me begged to know her past. I found five fully written diaries at the bottom of the box. I hoped that they contained her love story in a detailed way without even leaving a bit.

Got two hours till college , flipped her diary pages and finally found one that mentioned the word love. Took that diary with me and kept it my bag, placed all the other diaries in their place and went to have breakfast.

Then at the bus stop, ignored Caitlene and others, kept my focus fully on completing that three hundred paged dusty diary. Attended those not so interesting classes. Usual hatred towards Emilia remained usual and all the other casual which are not worth mentioning. The dates of the tournaments were near and on top of that my skipped warm-ups frightened me and decreased my confidence in winning the cup. I thought of dropping out from my college tournaments as I am a type of guy who never wishes to lose even in the dreams and on the other hand Raylene agreeing to play badminton well comforted me to an extent. And I was only left to concentrate on baseball which I couldn't do when I was her.

Coming to Raylene, what I deducted of her was she was a homely girl, who showed a very little interest in playing and wandering, she maintained her friends who reflected her ideology but the only difference between Raylene and her friends was all her other friends talked to boys and moved freely. That's what interested me in her past.
Got a hour break for lunch, stuffed it into her stomach as fast as possible and went to library so that I could read her diary with utmost silence and peace. Her library had a rule that didn't allow me to take books except plain notebooks as it contained personal diaries and some journals in diary form and there were reports of missing books. Went to girl's waiting dormitory and couldn't concentrate on reading as constant murmuring diverts my mind and could cause me a headache.

Moved towards park and sat there on a bench under a fully grown tree. Opened her diary and found all her details on the front page. She stroke off some words from the second page of her diary. I could recognize them as 

"My sweet memories of high school".

I was able to understand on how she felt, I could only imagine her tears rolling down her cheek while she was striking off those words. Moving my fingers gently on those water marks flipped the pages to the main part.

" June 11th,
Excited to get into high school, new class, new lessons, new students and finally a new diary. Hoping to enjoy this section of my life to the fullest. "

She was punctual enough to write down her feelings without even skipping it for a single day. Some of her entries lasted three lines and some few paragraphs. She wrote down all the things she enjoyed, all the places she had travelled, all the food items she tried. Searched for her love phrases, the first one to hit was on 17th July, our mutual birthday date.

" July 17th,
My favorite day, birthday, yayy.
Hosted a party at my place, received gifts, enjoyed a lot. New classmates attended and Taylor Reed among them presented me a pretty big teddy bear. My friends told me that he is having crush on me. Well he is a handsome teen but as I don't know his character, I am thinking to act normally with him. "

" July 25th,
Staying far from him seemed a pretty tough job to do, his brilliance in cracking  jokes, his open nature, his level of importance towards friends, his attitude attracted me and not his costly bikes and not his charm. "

" July 29th,
As expected earlier rumors about the relationship between us started spreading. Don't know the source but am assuming that someone who envied our closure are creating those rumors. "

" August 14th,
Days turned into weeks, nearly a month since our first meeting. No progress in love, waiting for him to make a move. "

" August 27th,
His birthday finally, wore my best dress and attended his party hoping that he would take our relationship to next. "

" September 9th,
Felt jealous after seeing Taylor with other pretty girl. I did not reply to him today. Maybe he understood my feelings. He even called me now for reason-didn't lift. "

" September 12th,
Couldn't walk around ignoring him, finally replied to his messages and lied that this neglecting was all because of my personal problems. "

" September 26th,
Weeks turning into months, our long distance relationship seemed to divert their ways. Hoping to make a move by myself, will be taking advice from friends and will decide it in this week. "

A soft ringtone from her phone dragged me into reality, it was a reminder for afternoon classes that I had set in the phone. Attended those lectures, wasn't able to understand a bit.. Although my body was present in the class, my mind was lost in her diary as  it was such an interesting story. Probably the best when compared to mine.

Wanted to finish the reading part so badly. Went to her home directly, had my dinner without even changing the clothes.

Resumed reading her diary like I read my semester subjects during the final hour. So intense it was, couldn't express it in words.

" October 3rd,
Worst day of my life till now, didn't even want to fill today's diary page. Heard from my trusted friends that Taylor is not as good as he appears. My friends ran a background search on him and said that they got information from his old school friends. They also added that he has a habit of drinking, smoking, used to have a girl friend or  two and all other stuff that broke my feelings for him.
"

" October 5th,
Thought of asking Taylor about what I heard is true or not. But didn't ask him thinking about  what he would think of me. "

" October 9th,
Couldn't stay away from him, requested my friends for a proof in order to believe them. They replied that they will get it within two weeks. "

" October 17th,
Got a call from his old school friends and they later gave it a girl who claimed to be his ex-girlfriend. Anger, anger all inside me. How did I trust Taylor just by his visible nature. That's it my short relationship terminated exactly after three months ”

" October 21st,
Taylor behaved as a sadist today, following me everywhere since last four days, begging a reason for my sudden hatred towards him. Held my hand and didn't let it go until he saw my friends. Complained about him near my friend's brother and also requested him to give a soft warning to Taylor. "

Her vocabulary was not so great as mine. I could tell it from her writings. Don't know why it struck me of her vocabulary. Maybe it was my nature after all, to correct others when coming to literature part.

Clock hit 12:30, really getting tired from checking time for every thirty minutes, wished that time to flow slower when I am her and faster when I am me. Arranged everything in their regular place and typed that day's log entry and then finally changed into night dress before going to sleep.