Chapter-12

Woke up by my old ringtone, wanted to hear it a bit more and prolonged my sleep. And finally Mrs. Curtis came and made me get ready for Raylene's classes. After she had went downstairs. Opened Raylene's phone and that diary application and found her log entry with some important message in bold letters.

"Joined in ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING COURSE  and you too do the same".

And also few other lines about her day and my set of instructions for that day. Postponed to read those entries during breakfast and got ready, wore uniform and went downstairs. And when I was going to the dining room remembered her rule number 1, 2 & 3 about no bathing, peeping and touching ones. Neglected those rules thinking how would she able to find out when she is elsewhere. Had breakfast with Mrs. Curtis and started reading her log entry.

"Nothing out of the usual, read your request. Did a background search on those courses and felt that this electrical and electronics engineering course would be better and will be applying for it today. Don't mess up with my rules and no making fun of it. New time table is from 10 to 5. I informed my mom about it. The roll number's is 21 and take the granted letter that I left in the dressing table with you. Also maintain a new notes for every subject. Room no: 208, D block, Department of electrical engineering.

       Wish Rebecca as soon as you see this message and take the cherry red present that I kept below my bed. And please do write how you celebrated and all the other gifts she received.
     Joined in ELECTRICAL and ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING COURSE  and you too do the same".

Called Rebecca and wished her and asked for the treat. Went upstairs packed the bag with new books and the grant letter and went to bus-stop. Saw Megan and Caitlene already with Rebecca cracking jokes. She wore new dress of bright orange colour which she bought few days back. Wished her by hugging, and blowing kisses on her cheek. It was my first kiss to a girl of my age even though it had been given from Raylene's lips it felt like I gave it.

Boarded the bus and as it left from our stop, Caitlene, Megan and I started singing the birthday song and soon everyone in the bus picked up the lyrics and starting wishing her after the completion of the song. Bid farewell to everyone as their classes started at 9 and we decided to meet in the lunch break as Rebecca announced to give us a party.

        Went to the new class room 30 minutes early and waited for somebody to come through the doors, so that I can introduce myself. When there were 10 more minutes students started to come, at the beginning boys came first and occupied the front rows, assumed them to be nerds.

      Then a girl gang all maintaining same hairstyle and matching lipsticks, those were the sorority girls whom everyone talked about.

      Thought that it would be better for Raylene if I stayed away from them. And then a three girl batch who looked pretty decent and simple. Waved at them and waited for their reply, they discussed among themselves and asked me to come over to their place at the right most corner of the room. Introduced myself as Raylene Curtis and told all the details of Raylene to them.

         They too introduced themselves, short and cute girl as Ariana Mackenzie, medium and slim girl as Sophie Bates, and at last a girl who seemed to be prettiest girl in the class and who met my crush requirements slim, height, and more over spectacles introduced herself as Emilia Turner.

         Fell in love with that Emilia Turner as soon as I had seen her, she was prettier than Raylene and by far most beautiful among Raylene's friends. But couldn't express my love towards her as I wasn't in my body. If I had been there as myself, as Jeremy Kendall, I would have bent my knee and propose to her.

         We all spoke about our previous classes, addresses and areas of interest. Wondered how fast girls get along even if they showed jealousy. I kept on speaking with Emilia and wanted to speak more and more, wanted to share my opinion but couldn't just do it due to that bloody swapping. Didn't care about what people would think about Raylene if I kept on gazing at Emilia.

          Didn't recognise that it was already lunch break as I was lost in immense beauty of Emilia. Excused myself from them and told that there was a small birthday party of my friend. But I was wrong, it wasn't as small as I expected. There were about 50 students around Rebecca wishing her again and again. Rebecca came and hugged me as soon as she saw me from the distance. Seeing her move with her new friends both boys and girls left me with a deduction that Rebecca was a centre of attraction kind of girl.

         She had cut a huge chocolate flavoured cake and started feeding me and her friends and a hug to everyone after the wishes. Some of them gifted one or the other things. Megan gifted her something in a purple cover, Caitlene a small box packed in silver wrappings and finally Raylene's gift a cheery red package made her shed tears of joy not by seeing those gifts of course.

          She bought drinks for everyone and told them to order their favourite junk foods. I ordered a chicken margarita's pizza and coke, seeing me Caitlene and Megan ordered the same.

         I didn't have any friends who celebrated like this in our school and junior college days and especially not girls as I was not in contact with them. We all went late to afternoon classes and Rebecca had left to her home as she her dad returned from the army to wish her.

             After finishing the classes, waited for Caitlene, Megan near our route bus and introduced them to Emilia, Sophie and Ariana. They bid us bye and started marching towards their respective route bus. We three sat in a single seat and they started discussing about the party and a new rumour on Rebecca that she got a boyfriend already. Overheard their conversation and giggled within me. Dropped off at my street's corner and went to Curtis's house. Went upstairs, changed into normal dress and came down to help Mrs. Curtis with dinner, saw TV news after a very long time and started watching a movie.

         Mrs. Curtis asked all about Raylene's first day of EEE course and about new friends, answered them all and got involved in the movie. Went upstairs and started typing Raylene's request about birthday narration. Opened that diary application but got distracted by a voicemail from Rebecca.

           "Party at my place, sharp 9 pm, must attend".

       Told Mrs. Curtis that I was going to party and got dressed up in a glittering black party wear. Every time I changed my dress myself as a girl, it made me laugh and felt shy but I got a basic idea on how girls would like to dress for occasions.

          Went to Rebecca's house and her dad greeted me first, he was an muscular man in his assigned military uniform which he wore it with pride. He was designated as Corporal Major, third highest rank in his department. Rebecca had her face cuts from Mrs. Foster and eyes from Mr. Foster. Her home was covered in disco lights as they celebrated return of her dad and her birthday. She hosted dinner for us and her grandparents who came to see their son.

           Returned to Raylene's home by 11pm. Went upstairs and continued writing that day's log entry.

            "Yeah wished Rebecca as you said and gave her the present with others in lunch break. Classes were better than your headache software classes. Your new friends are Ariana Mackenzie - short one, Sophie Bates - skinny one and Emilia Turner - pretty one. Do behave good and decent with them and I stayed away from those Sorority batch assuming that they were not your type. Rebecca hosted party at her house - attended".

        Typing those consumed nearly 1 hour of my time and the clock struck 12 and still had 2 hours to experience that mystery power which caused that unexplainable swapping. Started deleting the waste pictures from Raylene's mobile and only the kept the good one. Stared at the picture of Emilia, zooming it, minimising it made me lost in her beauty again. And forcedly experienced that mysterious force again, fell on the floor while I was reaching to her bed, couldn't reach it and I think I had slept on the carpet near the bed.