Chapter-8

Woke up as usual, got ready, attended classes like I got habituated to it and in the lunch break asked Travels and Casper what I did in the previous day. They told nothing unusual and out of the ordinary, felt relieved to some extent and we all bunked the afternoon classes and played baseball forming a new team with classmates, classmates who don't need any kind of introduction. Lost the match as expected, left to home earlier than usual without wasting any extra time in the campus. Sat in the park watching little kids play and fight, then came my street friends, had a little chitchat with them.

Went to home at 8,directly had dinner as I was starving to death, went to room and started thinking about the following day in an awkward position. Thinking about the next day made my heart light as if there was a sudden gravity tilt, if she had left the answers, if she knew what was happening, these questions were revolving before my eyes. Thought of sleeping early so that I could wake up earlier with a lighter head but was unable to sleep as I got used to my late night sleeping schedule.

Woke up in Raylene's body like I survived from a worst nightmare, lost all the dizziness and quickly moved towards the cupboard for answers, "Phew" felt relieved after seeing answers to my questions.

I didn't had the slightest idea on how she felt while answering, how she reacted when she came to know that we were swapping. The paper was answered as simple as possible with little phrases.

Do you have any idea on why we are swapping??

"No".

Did you discover that we were swapping??
"Yes, two days back".

Do you have any idea to stop this??
"Not at all".

Can you suggest some ideas on establishing a contact between us so that we could solve this??
"Nope, not any".

Will you be able to attend my calls??
"I want to but I won't ".

Reading those removed a stone in my lungs but a pebble still remained deep in there. Rang my phone with Raylene's phone, no one answered and instructed her to call my mobile as soon as she read that. After reading those, kept it in the same place for her to find it and continued my day as her as I got used to it.

That phone call thing still irritated me even in the evening I still tried calling my phone hoping that she would attend my call, rang it few times, well nearly a hundred times like a depressed guy or a psycho and finally got beep sounds from the other end.

I immediately knew that she had blacklisted me in my own mobile. That feeling being unable to express in words wanted to show it on things but the nearest thing that was available to me was her sparkling white phone, just wanted to smash that mobile real badly that it wouldn't work next time. As soon as I lifted my hand to throw the phone her innocent face flashed in my mind, my anger calmed down so quick than I thought.

Went in front of a mirror and lost in her beauty, calmed myself and started watching series to divert my anger. And thought about all the other ways to make contact with her, gone through her phone for her social profiles, didn't get any of them, she was just using her default messaging application for texting her friends. What a boring candidate she was, again felt irritated as she blacklisted my number.

Left a paper proposing an idea of contacting other than using texts and calls. Made a note conveying her to use it as a conversation application in the default notes and set a reminder so that she would notice the left note when she wakes up again as herself and also installed FRIENDSTER social app and created a profile on her name for chatting with her.

Went through her songs collection, browsing bookmarks, playtube playlists for getting an idea of her thinking style. She seemed to be an ordinary pretty girl both in inside and outside. A pretty girl with no boyfriend and nearly none boy friends, my kind of girl I thought. She would have dominated my crush if she wore spectacles.

Speaking of my crush, my ideal girl had to be slim, tall, should be wearing spectacles, silent in public places, violent in private places and moreover should be securing good marks. My friends said that my requirements were hard to find in a modern girl but I found one during my intermediate college but never had a chance to speak with her.

Remembering all those threw me into hard feelings once more making me regretted for my delayed friendship with my crush. Didn't observed the time but it was late night or was early in the morning that got me into that strange mysterious force again, it felt like I was some kind of a paralysed patient and got me a good sound sleep.