Chapter One

Don't you just love the smell of rotten fish in the ocean? Don't you love looking at the beautiful sunrise in the morning on a pirate ship? And my, what a beauty it is to look at the  horizon. 

"Arghhh!" One of my crew mates shouted, interrupting my thoughts.

Today me and the crew are celebrating, because our next target was the Mobiun town. I grew up on these lands, and all I have to say is, what a fine piece of richess lay ahead for us.

"Ahoy, Cap'n Sonic!" My first mate Keith got my attention.

"What is it ye' be wantin, Keith?"

"We're almost there! LAND HOOOO!" He pointed out in a distance at a small piece of land, and as I looked at it, my eyes widened.

"Lower th' main sails! And drop th' anchor once we reach shore!" I ordered.

We drifted slowly towards the land and approached the town. But something wasn't right.

"Grog! Drop th' anchor!" I yelled.

"Yes Cap'n!"

The boat came to an abrupt stop. It was quiet. TOO quiet. That's odd.

I paced around for a while on the deck, watching my surroundings with my peripheral vision.

"Cap'n! Shouldn't we just go t' th' ole' town and attack them scallywags ourselves?" Jhonny, the kitten, asked.

Just as I was about to answer, something hit our ship, causing the floor beneath my feet to jar violently.

"Aye! Cap'n, we've been hit!" Grog yelled.

The Jacker Roggen, took another hit as my crewmates scurried about.

"We're bein' ambushed!" Kurk yelled as he went to grab the weapons.

Soldiers climbed aboard my ship with katanas and swords in their hands. I drew my best blade, ready to attack. Two soldiers charged at me, then blades went clanging and whipping against each other. Fighting for dominance. As I was fighting the two soldiers, one of them pushed me from behind, knocking me off the side of the Roggen.

"GAH!" I screamed as I fell into the water.

I swam up and tried swimming away, but failed; only to be pulled by those stupid soldiers that belonged to the governor. They held me down, and chained me up. Then one of them put me in their so called 'dungeon.' We sailed to the town, leaving my crew alone on The Roggen. I'm glad I've trained them, so they know how to handle things without me fer bout' three days or so. I tried to get some shut eye, but some of the soldiers were laughing and talking up on the deck. So I had no other choice but to eavesdrop.

"The governor is going to be really happy bout' this." One said.

"Ya sure got that right. Capturing the mad captain, finally after who knows how long!" Replied another.

"So what do ya think the Gov'nahs gonna do to 'em? Execute 'em? or Imprison 'em?"

"They both sound like great ideas!"

I interrupted their conversation.

"Aye, I hope he executes me so I would nevah have t' see his rotten face ever agin'."

"SHUT IT!" One rebuked me. "And just fer that, ye' won't be gettin' any food fer today! Or maybe evah, if th' Gov'nah is gonna execute ya."

"Aye, because havin' dirty rat food at yer whacko town is WAY better than eating real food on my ship."

"I SAID SHUT IT!" The soldier came and shoved me into a wall. Then he spat in my face. I snickered in response.

We shored about twenty minutes later, and the soldiers took me to the governor.