Reunited

I pushed open the door to the atrium, looked around, and quickly located the TARDIS, which had been parked in a beam of sunlight that came in through one of the many gigantic floor-to-ceiling windows.

As I walked through the enormous room, I tugged my key from the neck of my jumpsuit (which wasan accomplishment in itself, considering that the collar went halfway up my neck). I managed to get it out just as I reached the TARDIS door, unlocking

and opening it inone smooth motion.

Once I stepped inside, I paused a moment to adjust myself to the interior, which I had never seen before.

Quickly recovering from the slight shock, I hurried over to the console and typed in the coordinates for the platform we had departed from, and setting the time for half an hour after leaving my husband, knowing that he would still be there. I turned
thebrakes off and put up the invisibility shield, so as to give no indication of my arrival.

After landing, I checked the scanner to make sure that the Doctor was still there (he was), and to make sure that he didn't realize I was there (oblivious as ever), them went to find the closest.

Upon finding it, I quickly climbed out of my jumpsuit and changed into a more comfortable outfit, which ended up resembling the one I had worn when we found the Pandorica.

I went back to the console and checked for the Doctor, who was exactly where I had left him, sitting not thirty paces from the door, with his back to me.

I stepped out of the TARDIS, overly thankful that I had thought to oil the door before departing.

I silently made my way to the bench where the Doctor was, sat down next to him (although I was facing the opposite direction), and greeted him with my traditional "Hello, Sweetie," knowing that no other words would be necessary.

Clearly I had surprised him, as was intended, but no sooner had I finished my sentence when he breathed my name and his lips were on mine, and he was kissing me as if he hadn't seen me in years. The only reason he stopped was because he know that I wouldbe
out of breath, although I knew that he could have gone at it for quite a while longer.

Nevertheless, we were both panting hard. Once he had caught his breath, the Doctor asked, "So, what was I like?"

I took a deep breath, then said, "Well, for starters, your hair was completely insane. When I introduced myself, I asked where theTARDIS was at the same time. Donna had to direct me there because you were still trying to process the fact that I was fromyour
future and could drivethe TARDIS better than you!"

"You do NOT drive theTARDIS better than me!"

"I also said that you know it's true, but always deny it. Donna seemed to get a kick out of that."

"I may realize it, but that doesn't mean I have to accept it!" The Doctor exclaimed, then asked, "Was there...anything else?"

"Yes..." I admitted. "But I'd rather not say right now. Can I tell you later?"

Seeing my distress, the Doctor said, " 's take the old TARDIS backto the Library, then I'll pick you up in mine."

"Alright," I sighed, reluctant to leave my husband. "At least TRY to get the time right for once, okay?"

"Of course," the Doctor replied, smiling. "Anything for my sweet Melody." With that, the Doctor walked me over to "my" TARDIS, kissed me, entered hisTARDIS (which was parked right next to "mine") and departed without a word. I followed suit, and
arrived at the library soon after, parking it right where I had left it.

Five minutes after I arrived, the Doctor'sTARDIS fizzled into existence-accompanied by theusual sound of strained machinery-and my husband stumbled out, his clothes in tatters.

"Sorry I'm late, I got an urgent call and had to go rescue some old friends and a planet," he explained.

"Well, I guess that makes your timing a bit more acceptable," I replied, sauntering up to him. "So do you forgive me now?" The Doctor asked, unsure.

"Oh, come here, you," I giggled, grabbing his jacket to pull him in for a kiss. "Is that a yes...?" He clarified.

"What do you think, Sweetie?" I said, kissing him again.

"I think..." the Doctor trailed off.

"You think what?"

"I think that we ought to let myTARDIS drift in the time vortex, make hot chocolate with cinnamon, curl up on one of the couches in the living room in front of a big fire, and hear the rest of your story," said the Doctor.

"That all sounds good to me, except for the very last part, but I guess that it'll happen eventually, anyways," I said rather dejectedly, leaning against my husband's chest and putting my head on his shoulder.

"Well, as you so often like to remind me, I have a time machine, which means that we have all the time in the world." The Doctor said, picking me up and holding me to him as if I were a newborn babe,which I did not mind at all. "But I also believe hotchocolate
is in order," he reminded me as he pushed open the TARDISdoor.

"I believe you are correct," I smiled. "Take me to the living room and I'll get it set up. You go get the drinks."