Meet the Doctor, Find the TARDIS

After we landed in the Library, Mr. Lux suggested scouting out the place, in order to get our bearings.

About an hour or so later, we came to a room that was just as unsuspecting as the others we had seen, that is, until we rounded a corner and ran smack-dab into a man with wild brown hair and a blue suit, who I assumed could only be the Doctor, which meant that the woman beside him was no other than Donna Noble. They looked stunned when they ran into us, and then confused as they realized that they were not alone.

"Wh- Who are you?" The Doctor asked in a tone of voice which implied that he was both confused and slightly annoyed, if at all.

"Hello, Sweetie," I replied, my usual greeting.

"My question still stands," said the Doctor.

"My name is River Song, and now that that's taken care of, first things first," I answered, clapping my gloved hands together. "I made a promise to someone that I intend to keep. Where did you park the TARDIS?"

"In the atr- how do you know about the TARDIS!?"

"Oh Sweetie... I know more about you than you know about yourself, and that's saying a lot."

"Such as...?" The Doctor trailed off, unsure of how to continue.

"What I can tell you without you learning too much about yourselfis that I'm from your future, I can drive the TARDIS better than you, but you deny it every time, even though you know I'm right. I promised future you that I'd come so

we could tell ou- myparents something. So. Which way is the atrium?" I asked, out of breath.

Noticing the dumbfounded look on the Doctor's face and deducing that he would not be of much help, Donna answered for him, saying "Go out that door, take two lefts and a right, then it'll be the second door on your left."

"Thank you so much!" I replied, hugging her (which is completely unlike me, may I add), joy evident in my voice. I think I might have even felt a few small tears in the corners of my eyes.

"Mr. Lux," I said, turning around and getting his attention. "I have a few personal things to attend to, and it shouldn't take and more than an hour if that. May I go?"

"Of course, but if you don't return in an hour and a half, I'm sending someone to find you. Understood?"

"Absolutely," I beamed, already halfway out the door. Once I was out of earshot, I admit, I let out ashout, overjoyed at the prospect of seeing my parents and husband one more time.