• Cont.chapter 8/ chapter 9 •

Chapter 8

Funeral ; 7:10am

I had my dress picked out for today, even though I didn't know where the funeral was taking place.

I wrapped a towel around my body as I stepped out of the shower. I went to the mirror to oil up my face with my coconut cream. The scent was always pleasant to me.

I heard my phone ring in my bedroom. I walked out of the bathroom and saw the rays of the rising sun beaming onto my bed. I grabbed my phone and answered.

"Hey, I'm looking for Josephine Jackson?" I heard. I smiled, "Good morning, Keith."

"Oh hey, good morning." He said. "Good morning to you too. How are you feeling?"

He sighed, "I'll get by. You still remember what today is?"

"How could I forget."

"Cool, at least you didn't forget what today is." He said. "So, there's gonna be a limo to pick up the people that's close to Malena. Do you..wanna join?"

Be in a limo with Rosa, his mom and other family members? What would they think of me? I couldn't take that offer.

"Well, that's fine. You'll just follow okay? Everyone's meeting at my house and then we'll go to..you know." He sounded disappointed.

"Yeah, I understand. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. Talk to you later."

We ended the phone call and I sighed as I went to put on my dress.

☽☽☽

I drove to Keith's house and there were about 5 cars parked in his driveway and 5 more cars parked on the road

I drove to Keith's house and there were about 5 cars parked in his driveway and 5 more cars parked on the road. 10 cars for a funeral? Including mine? There has to be more.

I parked on the opposite side of the road and walked to Keith's doorstep.

As I waited patiently for someone to answer the door, I could hear people loud talking. Were they arguing?

After my 3rd knock on the door, someone finally answered. It wasn't Keith, it was a tall muscular man.

"Who are you?" He asked as he pointed at me.

I saw Keith come from around the corner with a smile.

"Hey, Josephine." He said as he hugged me. "Come in."