• Chapter 8 •

1 Week later

It's been a week since my date with Keith. That was the last time I've heard from him. I guess to him the date wasn't "perfect" or memorable. I shouldn't be so selfish, maybe something bad happened to him. I hope he's alright.

Mr. Anderson finally sent an email on Monday for my return to work the next day. In the email he stated that he has "made a few changes" and "thinks it's the best idea" for me.

When Tuesday arrived, I was told that Keith was no longer my patient. He was given to my friend Gina Parker to avoid any unnecessary trouble. Sorry to break it to you Mr. Anderson, but problems occur anywhere.

Today is Thursday.

☽☽☽

Break; 12:13pm

Today wasn't as exciting as the others. Even though it was a few days I've been back, I was really hoping to see Keith.

I walked into the lobby with my patient, Mr. Reynolds. He was 48 years old.

"Now Mr. Reynolds, remember what I told you. No more attending wild parties."

"Aw cmon the ladies love me. I host the most amazing parties! What's that phrase the young generation uses? Let's get litty!" He yelled as he stumbled a little.

"Mr. Reynolds," I smirked. "Please, for the sake of you drinking habits, no more parties."

"Alright alright, pretty lady." He said as he walked towards the exit.

"See you next Thursday!" I yelled after him.

"Oh Keith, you'll be fine," I heard. I saw Gina step out of her office as Keith followed her. "Your daughter will be so happy you've done this for her." She smiled as she gave him a reassuring smile.

He looked in my direction and I quickly walked towards Callie who sat at the front desk.

"Callie do you wanna go grab something?" I asked. She looked up from her computer. "Sorry, I already made plans." She then looked back at her computer.

I sighed as I decided to go get lunch by myself. I hate to admit it, but I'm jealous. I wanted to help him get better, not anyone else.

☽☽☽

Funeral; 5:46am

I was doing my Friday commute, jogging from 5am until 6am. I had my earbuds in while soft music played into my ears.

Of course I didn't forget what today was. Who wouldn't. After the short moments of being with Keith's daughter, she was nothing but an innocent beautiful girl. Someone so ugly and heartless could harm such a thing.

My jogging eventually came to a halt once I saw the parking lot. It only consisted of maybe 3 morning joggers, an older couple who always sits on a bench to watch the sunrise, and me. But today was different. There was a new unfamiliar car.

I walked towards my car and a woman came out of the drivers side and a man came from the passenger side. The people then walked in front of the car where they joined hands.

I finally made it to my car and suddenly I made eye contact with the woman. She was Rosa. Keith's wife. But the man wasn't Keith.
I didn't say anything. I got in my car and started driving home.

___________
Im sorry about the long wait for an update❣️.
The next few chapters are gonna be super dramatic. Just a heads up.
-Lenny