Chapter 1: Scorpio

Start from the beginning

As they walk in, Sergeant Greg Parker walks out. "Hey, so you know the world of pain I face when the walls have to be clean, right?" he asks.
"Sorry, Sarge" Jules says as she walks inside the building.
"Sorry Sarge" Lou explains. Greg walks back inside to see Eddie, and Jules look over at Lou.
"What, did you get stuck up there?" She asks with a smile on her face.
"No" Lou says quickly.
"Double or nothing?" Jules asks as she takes a step closer.
"No" Lou snickers.

Back inside, Greg catches up to Eddie and smiles. "Who won?" Greg asks.
"Who do you think?" Eddie laughs as they talk about him and Sophie.
"So what's today's special?" Eddie then asks as they continue to walk.
"Bread and butter. Drug squad got a bust up in Jamestown" Greg explains.
"Yeah and what's the core?"
"Neigh Smith's" Greg answers. Eddie rolls his eyes and sighs.
"Come on. Neigh Smith?" Eddie complains.
"I know. If everyday was Christmas, it wouldn't be Christmas now would it" Greg explains.

They walk towards Team one's section and they see the Bomb robot. "Babycakes. How are you?" Greg asks sarcastically.
"She ate carbon, I have been picking it out of her treats all morning" another team one member complains.
"Show some love, Spike" Eddie laughs as him and Greg walk past the robot.
"Yeah I know. She didn't even make me breakfast" Spike laughs.
"Say goodbye to your girlfriend. Briefing room, five minutes" Greg shouts as they walk down a small flight of stairs.
"Yeah" Spike yells.

A couple minutes later, after everyone was in uniform and ready to go. Eddie looks at Greg. "What am I supposed to do?" Eddie asks as him and Greg walk out of the locker room.
"Look at the big picture" Greg mentions.
"Big picture?" Eddie questions.
"It's your in-laws fortieth wedding anniversary" Greg explains.
"Did she pay you to say that?" Eddie laughs as they walk towards the briefing room. Greg stops and looks at Eddie seriously.
"Eddie. A cop retires every week, and one day it's going to be you. Who are you going to come home to when the day comes?" Greg asks. Eddie looks down at the ground, but then walks away, into the briefing room. Not saying a word.

Spike, Jules, Rolly, Lou and Greg file into the briefing room. "Ok Team One. Before we start the day off. I have some, hopefully exciting news" Greg starts to say.
"You all know my daughter, Alexandria. I am so proud, because her application to Team One has just been accepted" Greg announces.
"No way" Eddie gasps.
"Are you serious?" Jules questions excitedly.
"Oh he's serious" Alex laughs as she walks around the corner into the briefing room.

Team One shouts and laughs as they all stand up and give Alex a hug. "I guess you're not the only girl on the team anymore, Jules" Alex snickers.
"Thank you. These guys get on my nerves" Jules chuckles.
"Hey! We heard that" Spike shouts. Alex looks towards the voice and a big smile appears on her face.
"Spike!" she shouts as she runs towards him with open arms.
"Alex!" Spike mimics excitedly.

Team One loved Alex. She was already family, since the first day Greg brought her in to meet them. Greg has been caring for Alex since her mother abandoned them to go live with her new boyfriend. At first, Alex was furious. There wasn't a good thought that ever went through her head when she thought about her mother. Greg was upset and furious all in one. But his team and Alex helped him through it.

"How can you be on, my team?" Eddie jokes around.
"You're only nineteen." Eddie walks over to Alex and gives her a hug.
"Well being the smartest nineteen year old to finish college and University, know multiple languages, and know how to shoot a gun and defuse a bomb, it kind of made me the perfect person for Team One" Alex laughs.
"Congrats Kiddo" Eddie smiles.
"Okay, lets not waste anytime here. Meeting starts now" Greg announces.
"What fun" Alex snickers as she walks in front of her father.
"Welcome to the job, sweetheart" Greg laughs.