Chapter 2

-I tried to get another look at the band. I couldnt believe it. I was going to get to meet them! They stood there in a circle, talking. Frank's eyes met mine. I immediatly looked down, embarrased for staring. I quickly grabbed the last suitcase out of the trunk and rushed into the bus. This was going to be a great summer. I just knew it.

Chapter 2:

Elijah showed me around the tour bus. There was a sitting area with a table, a small kitchen, a bathroom, and stacks of bunk beds for the tech crew to sleep in. I had a top bunk, which had a curtain that streached across to give me privacy. It was weird to think that this is where I would be sleeping for the next few months. Elijah walked up behind me.

"Holly, the concert is starting soon, so we should go inside the venue now."

-"Okay!" I said as I shoved my suitcase into the bunk, then walked with Elijah out of the bus.

He pointed out the other three buses to me.

"There's one bus for the band, one for the opening band, and another for the lighting crew." he explained as we walked to the venue.

He handed me a backstage pass, as we walked through a side door. We were in a long hallway, somewhere behind the stage I was guessing. I could hear the roar from the crowd through the walls. We passed a couple dressing rooms, then ended up right behind the stage curtains. Gerards voice echoed as he talked through the mic, intoducing each band member. There was a long silence until Helena began playing. Even the crowd quieted down as Gerard's voice filled the staduim. I turned and smiled to Elijah. He put his mouth near my ear and tried to talk over the music. I could barely hear him, being that we were so close to the stage, bu tall I made out of what he was saying was something about joing the crowd. I excitedly nodded my head and he lead me around to the pit right in front of the stage. Elijah walked up to a group of people in the crowd who I figured were the tech crew. He tried to introduce me to a few of them, but I couldn't hear a thing he was saying. I just smiled and shook a few hands then turned to face the stage. 

My heart skipped a beat when I finally saw them. They were so perfect, as they played along to the song Teenagers. Cheers from the crowd copied every word, while Gerard belted out the main chorus. I was in awe; they all put so much passion and energy into their music. Frank was getting really into his guitar solo. He waved his head around, and Gerard danced to the beat. Ray and Mikey both kept thier composure and just swayed back and forth with the music. I jumped and danced, singing along to every word. The concert was amazing. I wondered if they knew how much of an inspiration they were to every one of the fans in the crowd. After about ten more songs, the concert came to an end. I was kind of sad until I realized I would get to watch them perform just about every day from now on. That's when it really hit me that I was going on tour with My Chemical Romance. This was going to become any other day for me. I found myself smiling again at the thought of this being my regular day. I would never be able to thank Elijah enough for the job he gave me. I mean, touring with MCR! It was a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Elijah took my hand, making sure I stayed by him as the rest of the crowd filed out of the stadium. We followed some of the tech crew I had met earlier back to the backstage area. Backstage was swarming with tons of people. Through all the people rushing about, I got a glance of Mikey standing off to the side. He was taking a drink of water while he wiped sweat from his face with a towl. 

Elijah whispered "So, are you ready to meet them?"

-"Yep!" I said, trying not to sound too overly excited. 

But the truth was, I was too excited. My heart was pounding so loud, I was certain if i got close enough to Mikey he would hear it. What if he just writes me off as some random fan? What if he doesnt like me? Oh god, I'm so shy, what am I supposed to say to him? All these things were racing through my mind as I walked with Elijah. I looked up to find myself standing right in front of Mikey and Gerard, who had just walked up at the same time as Elijah and me. 

Gerard smiled at me, and my mind went blank. I couldn't even find the words to say hi. Luckily Elijah chimed in, and introduced me as his cousin and new assistant, Holly. 

"Hey there Holly, I'm Gerard and this is my brother Mikey" he said with a genuine smile.

I shook both of thier hands. I hoped they didn't realize how much my hand was shaking. Elijah's phone rang, and he walked away to answer it. Great. Now I was going to have to make conversation without him. I was horrible at talking, but I gathered up my courage and sorted through my words, looking for anything to say. 

-"That was a really great show" I said while looking at Mikey and Gerard. 

"Thanks!" said Gerard. "I'm glad you liked it. So you're Elijah's cousin."

-"Yep! So what exactly does Elijah do around here?" I replyed, surprised at myself for thinking of a question so quickly.

Mikey joined in with a laugh, "Oh he does alot of nothing, he's pretty lazy you know."

"Yea, I honestly don't know why we hired him"said Gerard sarcasticly, "but he's fun to have around. Especially when we play pranks on him."

-"Pranks? Oh, Elijah has never been very fond of pranks" I said with a laugh. 

Gerard and Mikey went on to explain the many pranks they had played on Elijah. We talked for probably ten minutes about it. I couldnt believe it. I was here standing with them, talking, and laughing. My shyness faded away as the conversation continued, and Gerard began to talk about the time he and Frank were joking around with Elijah and they- I lost my train of thought as Frank walked up behind Gerard with Ray at his side. My shyness returned once again the second Frank smiled at me. 

"Hey Frank, this is Holly, Elijah's cousin" Gerard said to Frank and Ray as he stepped out of their way to let them shake my hand. 

"Oh, Elijah's cousin, then you must know about the time we pierced his lip, right? asked Frank while laughing and turnig toward Gerard. 

"I was just telling her about that!" replyed Gerard

Apparently they pierced his lip...without asking him. They went into detail, explaining how they pinned him on the ground and pierced his lip. Frank couldn't stop laughing as Elijah walked up. I was surprised that they would take a prank that far. Piercing someones lip... But Elijah seemed to like his piercing, so I guess they did him a favor. We all stood there talking for awhile, and I found it really easy to talk to them. They were all so nice and funny. After about 15 minutes, they decided to go get showered and changed into clothes that weren't covered in sweat. They began walking to each of their dressing rooms, then Gerard turned around back to me.

"Oh hey Holly, I almost forgot. We're having a party tonight. Well not really a party, more like us just hanging out on the bus to celebrate the kick off of the tour. Anyways, you should come by if you want " said Gerard.

-"Oh of course!' I replyed "Is it on the main tour bus?"

"Yep" he said "I see you in a little bit then, alright?"

-"Alright" I said and gave him a smile.

He turned and began walking back to his dressing room. Elijah walked up to me and put his arm around my shoulder. 

"So" he said "I'm guessing you like your new job, eh?"

-"Oh yes" I said as I gave him a hug. "Thank you for letting me come with you; thank you so much Elijah."

We headed outside to the tour buses. I couldn't believe I was going to be hanging out with MCR! I knew we were going to be good friends.