Chapter 5

Dedicated to Divine_boss_KK.

I was in the theatre operating with a team of neurosurgeons.
''Scalpel.''
''Clamp.''
''Suture.'' I called out as Ewurama, a nurse and my personal assistant passed them to me. ''Done.'' I called out after completing the stitch. The anesthetists moved him from the theatre to the ward as I put my blue overall and gloves in the basket. ''I like the way you work.................Very efficient.'' I remarked and she smiled as I washed my hands.
''Thank you.'' She replied.
I walked to the cafeteria for lunch. Kwansima walked to my table and sat in the opposite direction and we had a conversation between bites.
''Hello Kwansima.'' I said with a smile.
''Hi.''
''Enjoying the lunch?''
''Yeah, its okay though.''
'' 'Though' meaning?'' I asked as I raised my brows. ''Come on, you should know that your GF is a good cook.'' She replied.
''She's talking like she can do better.'' I teased. At the corner of my eye, I saw Ewurama steal glances at us as she sat.
''Obviously. Okay, how about I show you how well I cook?'' She asked as she livened up.
''Okay so..............when, Black beauty?''
''Next week will be fine.'' She responded.''Okay, how's the surgery?'' She asked with interest.
''Successful and I'll be checking on him in about a weeks time.''
''Okay. Goodbye.'' She blew me a kiss which I returned.
''Bye BB.'' I stood there smiling for sometime.
''Aren't you going back to our department?'' Ewurama asked, pulling my hand and taking me out of my ''and they lived happily ever after'' daydream. She sounded hurt and harsh.
''Is everything okay?...........Why that tone?'' I asked totally shocked. The vein on her temple was throbbing and I wondered what was wrong with her.
''Er' I'm so-rry................,I, I,............didn't mean.... to.............'' She stammered.
''Its okay.'' I replied and looked at her as she walked away.

After my game, I called my friends closer and shared what happened in the afternoon with them. They all started to speak, each at the same time so I couldn't really make out anything. Then Ebo, one of the best and famous fashion designers in the country asked.
''Ei charle,'' They all got excited as he spoke.'' Is she fresh,.......like hot, front and back, abi you understand?''
''Perv. BTW, then girl isn't your level kraa. Like she was born, bred and meatpied in a village.'' I said as I tried to create humour. They all sucked their teeth and Ebo replied,''Oh! Weytin man no see before, even iron saf, igo chew.'' The rest laughed.
''The day she came, I heard her confide in a patient.''
''Really? Patient? Is she that unprofessional?''Derrick asked.
''Ask again. Well, she said; He knows I'm pretty and popular because other men like me. He laughed when I told him how silly some of my friends are. And he knows I'm smart. I wonder how long it'll be before he asks me out.'' I quoted what I heard as they laughed.
''On a more serious note, she's okay but seems so shallow and immature. The day Dr. Boama, my head of department walked into my consulting room with her, I hardly had a chance to say anything. I wondered where the nearest exit was.'' I continued.
''Wow.''
''I think you shouldn't jump to conclusions but try and keep her at a distance between you two. Remember to flow us more info.'' Ebo advised. As I drove home, I tried to get  that ''she-likes-you'' thought out of my head.