Chapter 4

Dedicated to @Jesussaves116.

I was behind Kwansima's gate. I could hear the sounds of talking and laughter from the inside.
She was also a young, single doctor at work and we'd been going out for sometime now. I got interested in her and I asked her out and she accepted it. She had invited some other colleagues and I for an outdoor BBQ dinner.

her security man opened the gate and I drove my car in and parked next to hers. I removed my white overall and left it in the car with my stethoscope. I got out and locked my car.
''Hi Kwansima.'' I greeted. We hugged and walked to her garden where the dinner was being prepared.
''Your garden looks great and is really impressive.''  I remarked as we got to the place.
''Thanks.'' She remarked with a smile. I sat on one of the chairs and she brought me a glass of orange juice. ''This is your drink, Kwesi.'' She said as she placed it in front of me.
''Thanks Kwansima but where's yours?''
''I guess I forgot.'' She laughed and managed a self-conscious smile. She left and I started to sip my drink as I  admired her garden. The smell of roasting meat filled the air. With my glass, I went to join a group of friends amidst the eating and drinking.

After our dessert, people began leaving. Finally, it was left with just us. She came to me and sat in the opposite direction.
''Did you look after this garden yourself?I mean, its beautiful.''
''I didn't know it interests you.''
''Wow. Its impressive.'' I said as I clapped my hands mildly.
''Anyway, thanks for the compliment.''She replied with a smile.
''Hey its seven.'' I said after taking a look at my wristwatch.''Wait. Let me get you some ice-cream. Excuse me.'' She left and returned with two glasses filled with vanilla ice-cream.

She lighted two candles on the candlesticks. I watched her every move with admiration and smiled. She lifted her eyes from the candles and looked at me.
''Hey, you're watching me.'' She said as she used her hand to push her hair behind her ear. We laughed.
''Anyway, thanks for the ice-cream.'' I said as I tried to change the topic. The sun had set and the moon was out. The candlelight flickered as the gentle wind blew across the garden.
                                                             *                           *                                *                          *
The candle had burnt up  above the candlestick and my ice-cream was already melting. She put her hand on the table and I put mine on hers and rubbed it gently. We smiled at each other. She looked at me with her magnetic black eyes. Her curly eyelashes,black long hair and deep red lips made her look so beautiful in the moonlight.
The cool breeze wafted the scent of roses and honeysuckle through the air.

''The dinner was great and I enjoyed your company. Goodnight.'' We hugged. I held her close and gave her a peck  on the cheek and we walked to my car hand in hand. As I drove, I smiled to myself and was in high spirits. Her verve, beauty, tenderness together with the charm she radiated made her my choice.