chapter 9

“I think I like [First name].“

Zelda blinked twice before a big grin appeared on her face.  "Oh,  my! Really?"
Link stared at Zelda's happy face for a moment before nodding. 

"Wow, isn't it crazy? You've only known her for 23 days, and she's only known you for 20 days. Wow so crazy... " Link zoned out as Zelda continued to ramble. He really hasn't known her that long at all,  has he?

---

Weeks earlier...

Link was out, roaming the Lost Woods for no reason in particular. He just enjoyed being surrounded by all the green. He could hear Saria playing the ocarina loudly,  and that's how he knew he was close; so visiting her would be nice.

The hero made it to the secret meadow, killing off all the enemies, and making his way to Saria- but she wasn't there playing the ocarina.  Instead, there was a teenage girl laying unconscious on the grass dressed weirdly. 

Link knelt down and shook the girl,  but she wouldn't budge. He removed his right glove and pressed the back of his hand against her forehead, she felt really hot. Link squinted.  He couldn't just leave her there... But how did she get there.  She didn't look like a Kokiri or a hylian.  Weird.  He shrugged and picked her up.

He could figure out all the stuff later.

Time skip...

Link quickly made his way through the castle, heading in to the throne room. Zelda sat at the throne, standing up as soon as she had visual contact on Link.  She ran over to him, pointing to the unconscious girl in his arms. "What happened to her?"

Link told her all that had happened.  She nodded her head.  "We have to help her then. I will send a doctor,  take her to the empty room upstairs." Link nodded, doing as he was told.

Three days later...

Link made sure to visit [first name] whenever he could, but today he couldn't because he was assigned to train the latest batch of recruitments. 

He was surprised when later that day, a fellow soldier ran up to him and shared with him that the girl he had found a few days before had finally awoke; he also informed Link that she is in the garden with the Princess.

Ecstatic, Link broke into a sprint, running to the garden as quickly as possible. Finally, he reached the garden.  He put his hands on his knees, looking down, and panting.  He then looked up, he saw that the girl started to cry. It hurt him, seeing her cry.  But then she smiled, and he felt relieved that she wasn't actually sad.

---

"Should I wait? Or should I tell her?" Link said, looking down at the ground.  Zelda hummed, "I think you should tell her on her birthday. I think it would give you time to learn more about her and vice versa. " Link nodded agreeing to that idea.

He sighed, hoping that everything will turn alright in the end. It would be awful if she wouldn't want to see him anymore because of how he felt towards her. Deep down he knew she wouldn't react that way, but he still had doubts.

A/N- AAAA LATE.  Very late and short.  I'll update again v soon I swear.  The lack of updates is due to the fact that my internet was out, I would sometimes go to grandma's house where I'd try to type- but I always type on my phone so it's kinda hard. 
ALSO, ON JULY 7TH the Castlevania anime was released on Netflix it was beyond perfect. I'm very glad they used the Alucard design from Symphony of the Night rather than the design from Dracula's curse. The character designs are amazing! I'm so glad that they chose the 1445 era its one of my favorites. Most of you are probably unaware of what I'm talking about! Check it out on Netflix please.  It's based off the Castlevania Video game series, which I am deeply in love with.  Heck,  my username is the name of one of the swords from one of the castlevania games(if you find out which game(s) pm and I'll write a one-shot of anything you want k). If you already know what Castlevania is leave a comment pls I need to rant to someone-
ahem anyways ty for reading.  I'm writing the next chapter now.  You will probably read this on the 21st.  idk. we'll see.

// update from author yrs later: i fking hate that anime they ruin my boyfriend alucard </3