Chapter 1

Olivia's POV

I take a deep breath as I set my first step onto campus. This is the moment I've been waiting for since I graduated high school. Every boring lecture, every smelly locker room, every piece of gum under my desk, it was all worth it to get where I am today. Of course, I may or may not have gotten in here without my best friend, Liam. He's loaded. Well, his family is, he kind of borrows their money a lot. But either way I couldn't be more grateful.

"First day of Uni, smile!" Liam's voice invades my mind and I notice him holding his phone up, waiting for me to smile in the picture. When I smile, I also give an awkward thumbs up and Liam just laughs. He taps around a little bit and eventually posts it on Instagram. Goofball.

We walk towards the dorm buildings and I take a glance back down at my schedule and student information paper. I locate the dorm number and smile when I realize it's the same dorm as Liam would be staying in.

"We got soo lucky!" I exclaim and Liam flinches at my sudden outburst.

He laughed, "I may or may not have pulled a few strings to get it that way though." I raise an eyebrow at him but after just a moment, I burst back into laughter. Liam joins my little charade.

After only about three minutes later we were standing at the door. I took a deep sigh and glanced at Liam who looked overly exited. I just laugh and gesture for him to open the door.

More and more of the dorm room was being revealed and I could see a kitchen with barstool area, a decent living space and a hallway that I assume leads to our rooms.

I squeal in excitement, "We're in college. We're actually in college."

"It took a lot of work, but I guess it was worth it." He laughs and I roll my eyes.

*************

"Liam, where are my glasses?" I say, stumbling from side to side.

"Calm down nerd," he laughs, "They're on the couch." His voice came from his room but I could still hear the smirk in his words.

It was the official first day of college classes and I don't think I've been more excited for school in my life. When I spot the glasses on the couch cushion, I stumble over and put them on.

Aw, sweet, sweet vision.

"Later, loser!" I shout to the hallway as I make my way out of the door. Just before it was shut, I heard his reply, "Good luck, Olivia!"

                       ************

I rushed down the west hallway in excitement. I was on my way to Philosophy 101. I was so distracted in my own little world that it took me a few moments to realize I just fell to the ground. When I come to my senses, I see a boy standing in front of me wth his arm stretched out, offering to help me up. I took his hand and he smirked at me, the same friendly way Liam does. I smiled back at him when I was finally standing.

He had dark brown hair, that was styled in a flip. His eyes were the deepest blue I had ever seen. And his face, it was gorgeous. It was muscular, but not overbearing. And his lips were curved into a handsome half-smile.

"I'm Carter." He finally said.

"Nice to meet you Carter, I'm Olivia." I pronounce confidently, nodding with my words.

His lips curve back into a perfect smirk as he moves a bit closer. "Olivia. Well, isn't that a beautiful name?"

I shutter at his words, and before I knew it, he was already off down the hallway, and walking into a classroom.

                       ************

A/N: Hello! Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of Not My Type. Things are actually moving pretty fast already, but I wanted to get to the main characters in the book ASAP so I don't bore anybody. Love you all!

- TheTallestTomboy ❤️❤️❤️