The Betrayal - Victoria

I was walking through the halls of the castle with Alexander, chatting and having a good time. Alexander had quickly become my most trusted advisor, aside even those from my own kingdom. I understood that was risky in itself, but I trusted Alexander with my life after he threw himself into danger in the attack that had occurred the night of my coronation.

"So, you have how many brothers?" I asked.

"Four," Alex sighed, "Kadar, Dandre, Trevor and Colin. Trevor and Colin are the youngest, then Dandre, then me, then Kadar."

I smiled, "They sound wonderful."

Alex nodded, "They might be a pain sometimes, but they're great brothers. I don't know where I'd be without them."

"So Kadar will be the one to take the throne eventually?" I asked.

Alexander nodded, "Yes. As the oldest, he will inherit the throne. I'm second in line."

So he didn't have to stay in Amaria his whole life. That was good news. I still couldn't understand why it made me so happy, but I had accepted the little butterflies. As we were walking, we passed Shailyn, who winked at me. Why did she wink? Did she know something I didn't? She had an odd look of satisfaction, too.

"Are you alright?" Alexander's voice shocked me out of my thoughts as we reached the roof of the front of the castle.

"What? Oh, yes," I replied, "Just thinking."

"Anything I can help with?" Alexander asked kindly.

I shook my head, "Just the little thoughts inside my head. It's fine."

"If you're sure," Alexander told me.

I nodded once more, "I'm su-"

I was cut off by an arrow whizzing past my head to lodge into the stone wall beside me. Alexander and I followed it with our eyes, then looked at each other, then the arrow, then each other before I ran to the side of the roof, gasping.

Below me was a full army, right at my doorstep.

"Queen Victoria!" I heard someone shout, "We see you!"

"Oh no," Alexander muttered under his breath.

I stood upright at the edge, the low wall coming up to my waist, "What do you want?"

"Let us in now," the person called out again, "Or we will use force to enter. We want to talk, nothing more."

"I'm not letting an entire army in!" I sighed, exasperated.

"Let us in now," he said, "Or face the consequences."

"Where are my guards that were standing at their posts outside the castle?" I asked, suddenly remembering them, "What did you do to them?"

"They are here," he replied, "Don't worry."

"Where are they?" I demanded, "Answer me!"

"Alright," he motioned with a hand and one of my guards was thrown to the front of the group. I sighed a breath of relief until  I caught something moving at the corners of my vision. A soldier from the other country was coming up behind him and thrust a sword through my guard's chest, killing him immediately.

"No!" I yelled, then muttered, "That was a bad mistake," then louder, once more, "Elisus! Drive these murderers from our home!"

My army swarmed out the front gate and I heard a myriad of battle cries. The two armies clashed, and Alexander and I raced to the weaponry. After grabbing a set of swords each, we ran out to the front.