No Breaks

Smoker shifts, moving closer carefully, but this time he stays his hand. "___... It's going to be okay." He says calmly. "This isn't your fault." You back further away, staring at the blood covering your hands before looking up at Smoker, tears trailing down you face.

"How can you tell me this isn't my fault. You now damn well it is...I'm a monster." You sob, trying to wipe some of the blood off of your hands, but it had already dried, staining your skin. "This is all my fault...it's all my fault..."

"___..." He frowns helplessly, trying to reach for you again.

"Ace... Ace!" Calls make him look over as the Yakuza appear, most rushing to Ace and looking him over.

"He's... He's gone pop..." Marco looks up at Newgate. The older man observes the situation before coming over and picking you up.

"Then... Prepare for a funeral tonight." He murmurs lightly, holding you like a child. "Come along now."

"I-I didn't mean to. I swear. I..." You sob, not sure if you wanted to lean against him or try to escape him. "I didn't want anyone to get hurt...I didn't want to hurt anyone...I'm so sorry..."

"Shh... I cannot be mad or blame you for any of this." He breathes, but tears were escaping his eyes. "Just like he wouldn't it." You continue to cry, not even noticing that you were back at the house.

"I can't be here...I'll hurt someone else. I'm a danger. I can't...I need to go." You mumble, trying to escape the man's hold on you.

"Stop ___, you're not going anywhere like that. The cops will trouble you. You need time to calm down." He says, keeping a firm hold on you. You stop fighting against him, your brain refusing to do anything now. Tears still dripped down your cheeks, but you felt completely emotionless.

"Okay..." He sighs quietly setting you down.

"Take her to get cleaned up, and dressed." He says to one of the maids softly. She nods before taking your hand and leading you off to the bathroom. You follow behind the maid, moving almost robotically as she helps you shower. You watch the dried blood as it gets washed from your skin, swirling down the drain. The maid assists you with getting dressed again, saying something you didn't catch before leading you back to the living room. You didn't really want to be here though, your eyes scanning the room tiredly. The living room was silent, many grieving.

"... Remember when we first brought him home? He was so depressed about leaving ___ that he just sat at that window pouting. So Marco had to go on the other side and play peek a boo with him." One says.

"That lasted for hours before I got him to smile." Marco agrees. You sit down on one of the chairs in the living room. Eyes staring blankly around the room as you listened to whoever was talking. A shock of pain goes through you when you are once again reminded that you are alone again. You had finally found family, only to have it violently ripped away from you by your own hands. Looking over at the blond man that had spoken, you wonder if there was anything you could say, anything you could do, but come up empty. The memories shared were happy ones, often some involved you somehow as if you had been there a few times. A few times, a small smile had come to your face, only to have it disappear a few seconds later when you were reminded of why the stories were being shared. How any of the people in the room could even stomach you being here left you confused. A thought comes to your mind as you glance around the room. Where was Smoker? The last time you had seen him, you had been screaming at him. Maybe he had left? That was probably best.

"Hey, ___." Marco's hand comes over your shoulder, making you look at him. "Ace loved you, and so did Rouge. You're family to us regardless what has happened.... We know it's hard. Many of us have blacked out before too." He nods around him, receiving a few guilty nods in response. "I know you're going to blame yourself no matter what we say. Just know, you're always welcome here." You give him a weak smile, nodding.