Smoker

It had been a cold night of walking. You had decided against stopping, wanting to get as far away as possible as quickly as you could. The feeling in your fingers had gone a while ago, and the back of your legs were absolutely killing you. Your stomach growled, causing you to groan in frustration. "Just a little further..."

You didn't see any town in sight, but stopping felt like it would be a bad idea. You lift your gaze from the ground, pausing when you catch sight of someone walking your way. However, the rumble of motorcycles from behind makes you look back. "Oh no..." You breathe, recognizing the red hair that sat on the man in the front of the group. "Shit, shit, shit." Pulling up the hood of your jacket, you duck your head, praying that they wouldn't recognize you. The rumble became deafening, you lower your head as you feel the wind tug at you as they pass. You peer from under your hood, heart sinking when the redhead turns around, eyes and smile locked on you. "Noooo." You groan, backtracking a bit. "Why me? Why now?"

The motorcycle's turn around after him and you look around, eyes landing on the forest beside the road. Swallowing down your uneasiness, you rush into the underbrush and trees in hopes of losing the motorcycles. You run for a ways, tripping here and there, but you're able to keep your footing. Breathing heavily, you lean against a tree, looking behind you to see if you were being followed. The rumbling had died down, so you felt like you were going to be safe. But then you hear the crackle of leaves and sticks all around. You swallow, biting your lip harshly trying to figure out what to do until a gloved hand comes over your mouth. Your eyes widen and you scream but your voice goes nowhere against the gloved hand. A hush makes you glance over, eyes meeting silver hair and amber eyes. He places a finger to his lips, peering towards the sound of the bikers growing near. He uncovers your mouth before grabbing your arm and quickly leading you into dense underbrush making you sit down in the thick brush.

"Don't move." He breathes quietly. He then moves to the clearing next to it. You nod quickly, watching him move away. Holding your breath, you shut your eyes, hoping that your hiding place was good enough to keep you from being found. The bikers enter the clearing and pause as the silver haired man lights two cigars.

"Hey man, you see a woman pass through here?" The redhead questions. The silver haired man peers at him briefly.

"Even if I had, I wouldn't tell you. So get lost." He rumbles in response.

"Cheeky bastard... It's in your best interest to tell us if you saw her." Redhead growls.

"Maybe, but it wouldn't be in her best interest." Silver responds simply. You listen to the altercation, sinking a little deeper into the brush. Covering your mouth with your hand, you peek an eye open, the two men barely visible from where you had been hidden.

"That;s it... Teach this bastard a lesson." Redhead snarls. His men move forward and Silver stands up calmly at that. They lunge at him but he simply hits them away with ease. Redhead and his masked friend pull out their knives, coming at him now. Silver shifts, dodging Redhead's blade, grabbing the other's arm and popping it out of place before punching him in the face, sending him sprawling over the ground.

"Kid!" The masked man hurries to his leader's side.

"Now get lost." Silver rumbles, making them hastily retreat with the unconscious redhead. It had all happened so fast that it left you completely stunned. Even after the redhead and his group disappear, you don't move from your hiding spot, too afraid that they would come back.

Your protector returns to your hiding place. "Come on, that guy is going to be pissed when he wakes. Where you headed? I'll accompany you." He asks.