01

⚡️

NATSU WAS A BLADE IN THE NIGHT, slicing through the wind as it quickly encased him. His breath was heavy as the weight of demonic, red wings weighed him down, the path he took seemingly endless.

The bells rung, shaking to the core, vibrations making contact with his body and senses on high alarm. Natsu had learned throughout the past few days he was here, it meant a monster attack and to hide in their houses while the big scary bad guy terrorized them. Somewhat pathetically, the more he thought about it.

He continued down the path, salmon locks breezing throughout the wind. The library in this town had zero to none books on Zeref, so it was a complete waste to stay. Not only that, he had no one to talk to and keep him entertained.

That wouldn't be a problem if you didn't tell Lucy to go away, his mind remarked.

"Now my own mind is bullying me..." Natsu muttered, shaking his head. Focus. He needed to focus on the task at hand and start forgetting about Lucy and the others. He only had one priority: find Zeref.

Easier said than done.

The stupid black wizard had gone and hid himself; again. All Natsu wanted was to eradicate the disease of a man, but the universe said no.

You could always skip towns and search those with dark energy.

Natsu looked over to see the small, pitch black cat following him. They had become acquaintances throughout traveling together, and he had still yet to figure out its purpose. "Even if I did that, all towns have some area of dark magic roaming throughout the streets, and plus, we need to check every library, not just the areas."

But this is sooo boring. Can't you have just a little fun? Maybe find a new blonde girl while we're at it...

"Are you a replacement for Happy or something?" The cat just purred.

I'm not an exceed.

They continued throughout the path of a different town he had chosen, library coming into view. It was extremely wide, only containing one floor, possibly a basement. The wooden walls had it look cabin-like, but then again, this new town was definitely more on the woodsy side.

Bells jingled as he walked in, an elderly woman greeting them behind the counter. Olivia, the name tag on her chest read. She didn't look up, thankfully, because Natsu was pretty sure his coat showed the outline of wings.

I'll have to stop at a clothing shop next, he decided.

Walking around to the history section, the demon quickly selected a few books, heading towards the small booth near the back. The sweet aroma of coffee and pastries filled the air, followed by french fries and chicken.

There's a diner and bakery connected with the library so they don't get bored. The cat mused, informing him.

Natsu sighed, "such a shame I can't eat any of it..."

Don't worry, I'll eat it for you and describe the taste. Mmm, salty.

Opening a book, he scanned over the words, looking for a specific name. Zeref, the page was titled. Big, red calligraphy decorated the page, small black lettering to be read over and over for him to decipher.

All this says is that he's the big bad guy.

"Don't you think I know that, you damned cat!" Natsu grumbled in frustration, slamming it. He tensed at the noise, prepared for the old lady up front to shush him. She just nodded in understanding and went back to scanning.