Chapter 16

On Friday Felix and I had a talk with two of the site's users during lunch. Simon sat through the giggling and conversation by using his phone, while I managed to survive by squeezing my thigh anytime the girl in front of me smiled or tried to unsuccessfully wink at Felix. I wasn't sure if the fact that he didn't notice made me happy — okay, it did — really happy.

"I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it," he mumbled, scribbling into his notepad with a green-inked pen.

"It's no problem at all," the dark-haired girl said as she smirked at him. The dark-skinned girl with purple braids sitting beside her seemed like she was in the same boat as me. I mean, I've never seen someone pull so many irritated facial expressions in the span of thirty minutes.

"Okay. I guess I'll try and eat now. Are you eating anything now?" Felix asked, turning his head to look at me. I waved him off, looking through the notes I'd also made. The girls eventually left, and I chuckled a little when I spotted the girl with purple braids scold the girl that had been hitting on Felix. They were both sophomores, and they both wandered back to their unofficial area around the cafeteria's serving point.

Lunch ended soon after, and I headed to class with Ji-Hun while Wyatt headed for biology. Class dragged on, and I smiled when a notification popped on my laptop as Ji-Hun and I worked on our animation video. Felix had messaged me, and he continued to do so throughout the rest of the period. Maybe he'd read into my improved mood and was being friendly again.

When school ended I followed Aiyana and Ji-Hun into the main hall for the Friday council meeting. Amanda was at the door, greeting everyone that passed through it casually. I looked away from her when I noticed her smile visibly dim at the sight of me.

Act like you know nothing.

Pep talking myself, I followed Ji-Hun to the tables at the right side of the room, before settling down beside one. Everyone in the hall was chatting, and eventually, Felix came into the room, making people get up and move to the seats they were supposed to be occupying.

"See you later guys," Aiyana said, putting loose strands of hair behind her ears as she got up from her seat and headed to the corner where other year heads were seated.

Felix soon got to the circular wooden table at the center with Amanda. They ran through the usual address of issues format before we all split up into groups to work on what we had to do. I was with Simon, Ji-Hun, and two other council members. Felix came to sit by me, and I couldn't help feeling flushed anytime out thighs would touch or when our hands would bump against each other when trying to reach out for something.

Simon and Ji-Hun seemed to be arguing every fifteen minutes since Ji-Hun was left-handed and Simon was right-handed. Their hands kept bumping into each other on the overcrowded table. The meeting soon came to a close, and Felix thanked everyone for their hard work as they put the tables and chairs away. I was leaving the room with Ji-Hun and Aiyana when I felt a hand take a hold of mine.

I turned, meeting Amanda's blue eyes framed by dark red brows cocked in a frown. I opened my mouth, but she raised a finger with a blue painted nail to her lips to make me keep quiet. I closed my mouth, watching as she reached out for the door and closed it.

"Finally, I got you alone," she sighed, making me look back to find out that we were indeed the only ones left the hall.

"I wanted to talk to you about Felix." She took a deep breath, rubbing her hands together before bringing them to her freckled face.

"Sorry for the odd ritual, but it makes me calm down a bit," she said with a small smile. I nodded as I found myself tightening my hold on the strap of my backpack.