I pull away from the hug this time before I start crying again. Em is crying and I wipe the tears on her cheeks away with my fingers. 

"I hate that all this bad stuff keeps happening to you." Em cries, her voice full of emotion. 

"Everything happens for a reason Em. We just have to accept it."

As much as I hate to accept what life throws at me, I do believe that everything happens for a reason. If we couldn't handle it then it wouldn't happen. 

"Well, it sucks." I laugh as she pouts, wiping the remaining tears away herself. 

"I know. How's Chase?" I ask her, changing the subject. 

"He's good. Better than me apparently." She huffs as she waves a hand at her emotional self. I shrug. If only she had seen me last night, I was in a worse state than she is. But it felt good to get it all out of my system. 

"He's a man. I'm sure he's crying inside." I wink at her. Chase is a complete softie and we all know it. He's probably just being strong for Em. 

"So, what was it that you wanted to ask me?"

"Jack came over this morning." I tell her. I don't really know where else to start, I'm not sure how much she knows.

Em raises an eyebrow in surprise. Since I found out about him killing my parents, we hadn't seen or heard from him. I wasn't sure he was the one sending the notes. Now that I know about Sarah, I have a suspicion that they were from her. If she was mad enough to hit me with his car, she was mad enough to send stupid notes. 

"Why? He didn't hurt you or anything, did he?" 

"No, he just wanted to try and deny that he killed my parents. He's the worst liar in the world. It was actually quite pathetic. He thought I'd be the one crawling back to him, begging on my knees but it was the other way around."

She snorts in laughter, covering her mouth to stifle her giggles and I smile. It did feel good to be the one in control for once and have Jack begging for me. He's crazy if he thinks I'm going to believe him and take him back.

"I'm glad you're standing up to him. You deserve so much better than him. He's a creep."

"I thought it was him that hit me with his car." I confess to her, I hadn't told her of my suspicions or that I had recognised the car. 

When the police had come to talk to me in the hospital about the accident, I was too numb to tell them anything. I didn't answer a single question, I just stared at them blankly as Em sat next to me clutching my hand in hers. The sympathy in their eyes angered me because I didn't want their sympathy, I wanted my baby girl back. It wasn't their fault, they were doing their job but I was in too much pain to help them. 

Her jaw drops, her eyes wide as she stares at me in shock. A slight smile appears at the corners of my lips at her expression. I didn't think she would be that shocked about it. Jack is a likely suspect. But I do believe that it wasn't him, he was telling the truth for once. 

"J-Jack- hit- what?" She stutters, opening and closing her mouth like a fish out of water.

"Before the car hit me, I recognised it. It was Jack's car. But when I confronted him about it today, he was adamant that it wasn't him who hit me. It was only when I showed him my broken leg that he knew it had happened."