Twenty-five: Hayley

Klaus had been gone for months and Hope's arrival was coming anytime now. Finding Klaus become a crucial matter that left us awake at night. We stayed in Mystic Falls, despite the wolves that depended on us. Everyday we didn't find Klaus, brought a bigger hole in my heart.
He saved me. Brought me back, Elijah said, then gave me a kiss on the forehead and left. That was the last time anyone has seen him.
Until a few days ago, Bonnie managed to track Esther's magic using my blood. She believes they are still in Mystic Falls. I know he is, I told her.
Klaus wouldn't miss Hope's birth.
Perhaps, this time it will be easier. Despite, his psychotic mother being here.
I sat in my room, on a rocking chair reading a book when I felt Hope kick. I smiled at the memory.
"I can't wait for you to come back to me," I whispered.
I wanted Esther gone and my family back. I wanted things to be normal for just this once.
I continued to rock my chair, but then, flashes appeared behind my skull. Klaus stood at the cemetery, walking along side Esther. I looked at Hope (my stomach) and wondered if it were her doing.
This pregnancy was different. Hope was more powerful. Her ability to send me images were getting stronger with her growth.
Last week, I had a vision of Klaus and his mother back in the High School. I wonder what they were up to.
I had a burning desire to go to the cemetery.
Perhaps, Hope was telling me something.
I couldn't tell Elijah, he would never let me go. I had to do this alone, I knew it.

I parked the car opposite the cemetery and walked over, my belly at it's largest point. I snuck behind a status of an angle and watch as Ester made a circle in the soil, large enough to hold a human.
I studied her, and looked out for Klaus who was nowhere to be seen.
Then, a hand gripped me from behind. Covering my month, it prevented my screams.
"Hayley! What are you doing here?"
Klaus. It was Klaus.
He removed his hand. I turned to face him.
"What are you doing here?" I whispered in a spitting tone. "Where the hell have you been?"
"Love," he tucked a strand of hair behind my back. "I had to go so you can be safe."
"Klaus, Hope is going to be born soon. You can't miss something like this."
He gave me a sad smile, "I saw it the first time."
The memory of my death brought a shiver down my spine.
"Come on," Klaus tugged my hand. "We have to get you out of here."
I pulled it out of his, "No. I'm not leaving you."
He gave me a frustrated sigh. "Hayley, we need to go, now!" He said in a firm tone.
I crossed my arms over my chest, being stubborn.
"You leave me no choice," he said.
Before I could scream, I was whisked away. However, I gripped Klaus's jacket so he couldn't do it again. We stood behind a building, opposite the cemetery.
"Let go," Klaus motioned at my hand, gripping his jacket for dear life.
"Klaus, please don't do this."
"Hayley! Why can't you see I'm  doing this for you? She said she will make sure you live, make sure Hope lives. You're not a Hybrid anymore, she doesn't want you dead anymore."
"But she wants you dead! And Hope cannot grow up without a father again."
"Many kids do so."
I flinched.
"She is not just any child, Klaus! She is your daughter, and you can fight Esther, you've done it before. Fight for her. Fight for Hope."
I gripped his arm, tighter. His eyes softened.
"Hayley, this is different. She has you and Hope as leverage. If me dying means both of you living," he caressed my cheek, as tears slide down them. "I'll take that bargain any day."
Before he ran away again, I pulled him closer, slamming my lips against his. He kissed me back, pulling me closer.
That's when we heard it, Bonnie screaming in a language I didn't recognised.
"Stay here," Klaus warned, and disappeared.
To hell with that!
I peeked from behind the building, having a clear view of the cemetery.
Esther held her body in pain as Bonnie continued casting her spell.
"I can't hold her any longer!" Bonnie yelled.
Everything happened so fast, Elijah enjected a vile of blood into Ester's neck then snapped it. I stood in shock.
Esther fell to the ground.