Rules & Broad shoulders {9}

Waking up in the morning was very easy. A suitcase that I packed was already in my room so I went to the bathroom, took a shower, then got dressed. I put on some comfortable pants, a black top, and some vans. After putting on my clothes, I brushed my teeth and put my hair in a ponytail. I went to my door and right when I stepped out, the first thing I saw was a familiar figure. I quickly looked up making eye contact with those blue eyes.

"Hey Scar."

"Only my friends call me Scar, and you and I are not friends. You're a pervert."

"I'm not a pervert, I just like looking at the female body. We'll be friends by the end of the day."

"Isn't it the same thing?" ignoring the 'friends' part of his sentences.

"No, ma'am. To breakfast?"

He locked arms with me and led me to the dining room for breakfast. The aroma of bacon, eggs, and pancakes filled my nose and my mouth was watering before I sat down. My stomach growled softly so only I could hear it. I thought back to the last time I've eaten, it was 2 days ago. That's why I'm so hungry. I finally took my seat and waited patiently for my food. When doing this, I got a good look at the dining room the table. It was well crafted with the king crest on the back of each chair. Two thrones sat at the ends and only eight chairs on each side, all made of a dark brown wood. Just then, a tall figure came into view. 

The figure was about 6'6 with very broad shoulders. He wore a midnight black suit and dressy shoes. He had very muscular arms to the point that you can somewhat see them bulging through his suit jacket. He had very large hands, but what made him mysterious was that he had a large hood draped over his head and neck so you couldn't see anything past his upper chest. I honestly couldn't keep my eyes away but I had to for the sake of my dignity. I then looked away and focused on the forks and spoons in front of me. I looked up one more time and saw that he wasn't there anymore. Where did he go? Who was he? Why am I worried I should hate him? I am supposed to hate him he has killed so many innocent humans and for what power and rage. I don't even know him..or if it was even a he. For all, I know it could be a very muscular woman that likes to dress up as a man and walk around with a hood on her head. It wasn't long before the food came out. I was starving! As soon as the maids put the plate down on the table I dug in, but I was polite and didn't eat all the food. I was done with my plate and under fifteen minutes. As I was going for some more bacon, Dylan decided to speak up.

"Alright ladies, as soon as you're done eating we are going to head outside and talk about the rules. Then when we're done talking about the rules, we're going to have our first challenge."

Nina decided to speak out for the first time.

"The rules..? There's rules?" she asked with a questionable look.

"Yes. of course there are rules. This is a competition of course. What would it be without them?"

"So is this like The Bachelor?" Nicole asked under her breath.

"Yes, it's like the bachelor a little bit. However, when you lose a challenge, you don't get to go home. You just get your throat slit open and thrown into a trash can."

The room filled with gasps. "Oh, I'm just kidding we actually don't have an official punishment. It's whatever the king decides to do with you. But anyways finish eating so we can get on with the rules."

"I have a question," I suddenly spoke.

"Yes? What is it, sweet cheeks?" Dylan said with a smirk.

"Who was that guy that walked in here with the hood on his head?"

"Well, that was the king."

Again, another set of gasps filled the room.

"The king?!" Nina said bewildered.

"Yes. You know, the one that sits in a throne right over there," he said, pointing to the other side of the table.

"Why didn't he come and eat with us?" I asked quietly. 

"He had some business to take care of, but that is none of your concern. Yet, to inform you, he will join you for dinner later tonight." 

When all the girls were done eating, we walked down this huge hallway that led outside. There was a really big open field: grass everywhere with green trees surrounding the area. We walked towards this odd location where there were three chairs with syringes by its side. If we were only listening to the rules, why would they need syringes? Dylan turned towards us and pointed to the chairs.

"Sit, please." he said calmly.

All three of us looked at the chairs then sat down.

"Okay let's go over the rules," Dylan said with a firm but somewhat nervous look on his face.

"DON'T GO ON THE FOURTH FLOOR. Do not ever question or disobey the king. Always be on time, and finally,  never under ANY circumstance leave the castle grounds."

"It's very simple. You follow the rules, and you're good. Break them, and you become in the King's custody. Which in this circumstance, it not a good thing. Alright, now you will be going through a series of tests so we will have the knowledge of what kind of person you are and what exactly your true intentions have the potential to be." Desiree stated. She grabbed a syringe and held it in front of us like it was show and tell. "This right here will go in your arm. With our specially designed formula, you will fall asleep and start to dream immediately. The only things that are different in this dream are that we can see you be put through the challenges and obstacles that we have particularly and individually constructed to see how you react."

The next thing I know, there is a sharp pain in my arm and three visually muffled Dylans standing in front of me. The last thing I hear before my eyes close was: "Follow your instincts".

~~~~~

Yes if you just yelled " DIVERGENT " I got the idea from the movie. To all divergent fans out there Theodore Peter James Kinnaird Taptiklis is mine also comment so I know you're out there.

Anyways

Heyyyyy loves!!!! How has your day been? 

Remember to comment and vote