He glares at me for a second, before looking down at his mate. "Please let me live my king." His words come out low.

"I can't hear you!" I growl out.

"Please let me live!!" He glares up at me. His breathing picks up and his eyes turn black. I hear a bone snap as he gets ready to shift. I watch, knowing if he shifts while chained up in that position, his arms will be ripped clean out their sockets.

He stops the shift and drops his head, helpless. I pull the side of the blade from the side of his mate's face.

"W-why are y-you doing this?" She sob, holding the side of her face. I honestly get no satisfaction for her pain, but the pain I cause her mate by making her hurt is what I get satisfaction from.

"From the looks of things, I may appear to be some ruthless savage." I look down at her, knowing that's exactly what I am, a ruthless savage. "But you should be used to that, seeing that you're mated to one. I'm sure he didn't tell you about how he tried to kill my family, innocent people. So I'm just returning the favor. He brought this onto you, so whatever happens to you, your mate is the one to blame." I actually pity her, but my pity only goes so far.

They are the descendants of the first alpha wolves. They are the strongest of their bloodline. They were supposed to lead by example, showing the other alphas how to lead a pack. But instead they helped to bring chaos amongst the wolves.

An alpha will always put their pack first, but the way they used their packs as puns to distract me, makes them unworthy to lead any pack. They may have been young alphas when it all happened, but that does not excuse their actions. Their fathers prepared them to lead the main packs, and while doing so, I'm sure their fathers told them where they stand when it comes to me. But they still chose to go against me, thinking they would win.

I stay in the prison all day, continuing to give the alphas beaten after beating, as they continue to heal. Once the sun goes down, I leave the prison, heading into the quite castle, going up to my room. I go into the bathroom and take a quick shower, getting the alpha's blood off. I leave out the bathroom, to see Vicky laying on the bed. She smiles as her eyes scan over my body.

Vicky has been meeting me in my room around this time every night, since the night that I ran into her in the halls of the castle. The sex with Vicky helps a little. The smell of her arousal helps block out Tammy's scent. Sometimes Adam sneaks to my room late at night, so I tell Vicky to leave. Even though that kid talks way too much, sometimes I find myself looking forward to his visits to my room.

"I'm not in the mood tonight Vicky." I walk into the closet, sliding on some gray sweat pants. I leave out the closet, walking over taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

She positioned herself behind me on her knees, wrapping her arms around my neck. "We can lay here and talk if you like." She leans over, placing a kiss on the side of my face.

"Don't ruin what we have, by trying to connect with me emotionally." We have nothing to talk about. I don't need for her to get emotionally attached to me. I don't know how long it has been since she lost her mate, but I'm not the one to fill that hole for her.

Things go silent for a few seconds.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow night then." I give her a nod. She places another kiss on my cheek, before getting off the bed, leaving the room.

I lay here staring up at the ceiling, unable to sleep. I look over at the clock to see that it's 1:22 a.m. I let out a sigh, sitting up, getting out the bed. Maybe a run will relax my mind, helping me sleep.

I leave out the castle, taking in a breath of the fresh night air. I look up at the full moon. It lights casting a glow on everything that it touches. I head deep into the dark forest, drowning out all the sounds of the insects and small animals. Only focusing on the low thumps of my feet steps.