Stuck » 12

Y/N's POV
"Um, Y/N?" Hinata calls as we finally start to pick up the gym. We played against each other for at least three hours since he first showed up while I was practicing. I may have had sniffles but nothing was gonna keep me from being a regular at the prelims.

"Yeah?" I close the gym doors and turn back to the volleyball player.

"Why do you keep avoiding me?" oh dear... sigh.

"What gives you that idea?!"

"Stop lying!" Hinata protests.

"FINE FINE! You got me," I admit defeat. "I haven't been avoiding you exactly... I just um need some time to think about things, and I can't do that when you—or anyone—is making me laugh twenty-four-seven."

"O...kay." He didn't really buy that did he?

"Well, c'mon, let's go home. It's getting really late," I smile at him.

"Yeah, I'll walk you to your house," Hinata brightens the gym with his smile.

"You don't have t—"

"I'm not taking no for an answer!"

"Fine," I grumpily mutter before grabbing my bags from the grass and notice he didn't have his bike with him. We walk in silence for a good six minutes before it gets suffocatingly awkward.

"B-But Y/N? You were hanging with your friends the other day, it seems as if you're just avoiding me..." Hinata stops walking to look at me in the eye.

"Would you look at that, my house it right up there... SEE YOU HINATA!" I race up the hill to my home. What am I going to do?

Kazuya's POV
BLEEP
BLEEP
BL—

"UGHHHH!" I try unraveling from my nest of blankets, which is futile. "YAMAGUCHI! I'M STUCK IN THE BLANKETS AGAIN!" I cry out.

"SERIOULY SIS?!" Yamaguchi opens the door to my room and proceeds the pry off my cocoon of bedsheets and blankets and all that stuff. "How do you manage to get tangled in all these almost EVERY WEEK?!"

"I toss and turn a lot in my sleep?" I suggest with a shrug once finally standing. I yawn and go downstairs to the kitchen. "What's there to eat? Hmmmm... Oh I know! I'll make some toast and eggs." I take the bread out and place them in the toaster along with cracking the eggs carefully and placing them to cook.

"Bathroom's ready," Yamaguchi appears next to me.

"Finally! Your turn to finish making breakfast!" I run back upstairs and take my practice clothes in with me. Once out of the shower I finish preparing my book bag for school and go back downstairs where my twin is waiting for me.

"What do you think?" I take a bite of the toast and eggs.

"ITS GREAT THANK YOU!" I laugh and ruffle his hair. We finish eating and leave a note to Mom and Dad that we left early for practice again. "Are your serves finally getting consistent Yamaguchi?"

"Eh... Yes and no," he laughs.

"Well I bet you'll get subbed in the prelims," I smile at him.

"I-I hope s-so..."

~Time Skip~

"HUSTLE KAZU HUSTLE!" Y/N encourages.

We were being spiked at from all angles, and I of course just had to volunteer to go through the suffering with Yui and Nishinoya... Lord save me. I was on one of the corners but ended running all over the court—and out of the court— to receive. It was insanity.